Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 May 2015
No matter how fast I try to read this book, for some strange reason it just doesn't allow. Took a while before I finished. Positive thinking through biblical beliefs and affirmations. This book is excellent, and easy to read. Gives you a great deal of hope and encouragement via the examples given. Makes you feel that you are not alone going through whatever crisis. I'm not a bible fanatic, but if the examples of the many ways of the power of positive thing works with some people, who am I to judge.
on 14 December 2015
I really enjoyed this book and learned a lot from it about, needless to say, the power of positive thinking. Negative thinking also has power, and the author shows us how important it is to choose positivity if we want to improve our lives and our health. It is full of quotes from the Bible because, of course, God said it all first!
on 7 October 2015
This book was given given to me many years ago. Due to a lot of handling it was becoming a little tattered and decided to get another. This is a best seller and I love it because the author quotes Bible verses in the book. As a Christian I know that there is no greater Power than GOD.
on 11 December 2006
If you are looking for a guide to faith-based self-improvement, this book is, well, the bible. In one of the earliest contemporary self-help books, famed clergyman Norman Vincent Peale explains how you can overcome any obstacle, internal or external, through the dynamic combination of the "science of faith" with psychological counseling and modern medicine. He teaches you how to banish the negative thoughts that cause fear and failure, and replace them with "the power of positive thinking." In this warm, faith-based book, first published 1952, he teaches readers his approach to solving problems and accepting yourself. He advocates using the New Testament and prayer to attain peace, happiness, love and success. The catch is, you must be one of the faithful to take full advantage of Peale's Christian teachings. His classic bestseller is more than a warm, if slightly quaint, self-help book. It's a cultural icon, filled with old-time religion and practical examples. We recommend it as a touchstone in this genre. If you want to walk this path, Peale got here first. In fact, many of today's self-development bestsellers have their roots in this book.
on 16 April 2014
This book could really be called 'Personnel Development - excellent guide'
I could not recommend this book highly enough. This author is brilliant and understands how people function.
Fabulous tips on how your thinking affect you as a person and has easy steps that you can follow to move forward
on 31 March 2013
THIS BOOK WAS GIVEN TO ME TO READ BY SOMEONE WHO KNEW I WAS HAVING A DIFFICULT TIME, THEY THOUGHT IT MIGHT HELP ME. I RELUCTANTLY OPENED THE BOOK AND STARTED TO READ IT AND I JUST COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN. FINISHING THE BOOK WAS A REAL WRENCH, THE AUTHER HAD BECOME A FRIEND THROUGH THE WORDS HE HAD WRITTEN. IT WAS AS THOUGH THE BOOK HAD BEEN WRITTEN FOR ME. READ THIS BOOK IF YOU DESPERATELY NEED LIFTING UP FROM WHATEVER HAS CAUSED YOU TO FALL DOWN.
THANKYOU NORMAN VINCENT PEALE.
on 30 May 2013
This book can change your life - Probably even if you are not a Christian - as the author of the book clearly is. It will certainly make you think of yourself in a more positive life. You can only feel better for reading it; it will give you some remarkable insight into successful living.
on 18 October 2011
this book is more suited to bible bashing christians....in between the christianity ...you get a few tips..about being positive...but a much simpler method would be to buy a bible and read it from start to finish...plus if your an atheist you will probably not get past the first couple of pages...if you are not into religion then reading this book would probably have more of a negative effect on you...because the main message of this book is .....without GOD there is no possibility of positive thinking or success..i havent even got round to jesus and the 'sermon on the mount'....this book was a complete waste of time and money for me..i am actually INSULTED.
on 22 December 2014
I found the book very disappointing. From the title, I thought that this would be more around eradicating negative thoughts & becoming more positively focused. I have to agree with other 1 star reviews with regards to it being religiously based. For example, the first piece of advice on page 16 from the author asks the reader to affirm - God is with me, God is helping me, God is guiding me. If you are a committed christian then this book will I am sure prove useful. However I wish that I had read the 1 star reviews prior to purchasing.
on 6 March 2014
Most of the points made are then supported by the need to put your faith in god. It is therefore difficult to truly buy into the content because you know what's coming in the next sentence, "give yourself to god"... I feel cheated by the strong religious backdrop and it is a lesson to me to research this field in more depth before wasting more money.