4.0 out of 5 stars The Arts Good Study Guide
Published on 14 Feb. 2005 by David M Littleson

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfect oil for mental cogs
You can't really expect a book about good study to be a scintillating read, but this manages to offer a lot of good advice while staying on the right side of interesting.

Published on 24 Dec. 2007 by Erisia

4.0 out of 5 stars The Arts Good Study Guide, 14 Feb. 2005
This review is from: The Arts Good Study Guide (Open University Set Book) (Paperback)
I would have to disagree with the comments made above regarding this book, as I found it very helpful when undertaking A103 Introduction to the Humanities (Open University). I have been out of further education for 16 years, and was somewhat daunted by the prospect of essay writing, and even general note taking. This book helped me to grasp the basics of both of these skills, and have already made the first month of my course much easier to deal with. I would recommend the book to anyone taking A103 or a similar course in the humanities.

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfect oil for mental cogs, 24 Dec. 2007

It includes many exercises and helpful hints to help you produce work to the best of your ability. It helps refresh study skills that may be rusty or require improvement to achieve decent marks. It's also very clearly arranged, so you don't have to wade through the lot to find the help you're after.

If you are returning to study or simply hoping to improve your marks on a current course, I recommend this book. I honestly believe the price is worth it for 'Chapter 5: How to Write Essays' alone, which offers refreshingly sensible and practical assistance in completing those all-important Uni assignments.

Best of luck with your studies!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just excellent!, 1 Nov. 2000
I'm really glad to meet this book. Since I'm taking an art history course in Japan through distance learning course of Canadian university, I wanted to learn how to read text bood efficiently or how to write an essay effectively. This book helps me a lot! It's not only for an adult student in English speaking country but for a non native student like me!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good condition, 10 May 2014
The book was in excellent condition, but I didn't find it very useful during my course. it doesn't work well as a quick reference to a specific problem as when you find the subject you are looking for there is usually limited information. It may be very good if you work through the book methodically but that would take time away from your course materials.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good help for art students, 30 Jan. 2007
I got this book when I did A103 An Introduction to the Humanities with the Open University in 2003. They highly recommened that I buy and read this book before I start the course and I did that and found it helped me with starting the course. It helped me develope my writing style and my reading style.

I didn't read it other than that once but have since gone back to it again because I am starting a hard Open University course and I thought I could do with as much help as I can get. I am pleased about reading this book because I am finding out so much more than I did the first time that I read this book and it has been such a great help for me.

If you are returning to studying after a long time away then get this or if you are moving onto Univsersity level then this is a great book to help you at various stages as you can dip into this book as and when you need it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but basic, 31 May 2006
Having come from a science background, this was a good introduction to approaching the study of arts subjects. A little basic in places, and a large amount is just common sense. But, it was very reassuring and useful as reference during the first year of my degree.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 7 April 2013
Preparing me for university, although I haven't had time to read it all yet, what I have read is great for preparing me for my course and I cannot wait to start!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent price., 22 Oct. 2011
Ms. J. A. Hollis (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This was an optional book for use on my open university course. I was in two minds whether to purchase it or not, but when I saw it at a fraction of the full price (used) I jumped at it. It is a very useful resource and I would recommend it.Very glad I bought it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful for OU Study, 17 Jan. 2014
Helen Jones "HJ" (Shrewsbury, Shropshire. UK) - See all my reviews
Clear and concise. Presented in well set out in sections. The few scribble in it have also been helpful to me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Sept. 2014
Very useful and handy book.

The Arts Good Study Guide (Open University Set Book)
The Arts Good Study Guide (Open University Set Book) by Andy Northedge (Paperback - 1 Dec. 1997)
Used & New from: £0.01