4.0 out of 5 stars read it already
Published on 1 Nov 2010 by avid reader

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as her other books, but not disastrous either..
I only bought this because it came up as a recommendation since I had already bought Mariana and Sophia's Secret (my favourite, just LOVED that one..).

It is very different from those two books, no central romance and no time travel, for a start!

Published on 9 Nov 2011 by L. Bretherton

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as her other books, but not disastrous either.., 9 Nov 2011
L. Bretherton "dempie" (Tiverton, Devon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Every Secret Thing (Paperback)

There is a story from the past though, as Kate tries to find out the secret of her grandmother's role during WWII, and investigates an alledged murder in wartime Lisbon.

There are far too many characters in it and I kept losing track of who was who. The first part of the book rattled along OK, but once the character of Matt appears, it all goes downhill a bit. The explanations of who was who and what was what back in the day are just far too long and wordy and I ended up skipping pages to get to the denouement, which was a bit of a let-down too.

The unrequited attraction between Deacon and Amelia is a very bittersweet tale and touchingly written, other than that, not a book I'd recommend to anyone, and unusually for me, I gave this to a charity shop rather than a friend.

4.0 out of 5 stars read it already, 1 Nov 2010
This review is from: Every Secret Thing (Paperback)
I bought this book not realising that it was an Emma Cole novel that I had already read. Not sure if the title was the same though. Having said that, I decided to reread it and so far I am really enjoying it. It's a shame that the publisher did not take into consideration the description of Kate given in the book. She is clearly described as a redhead so who is the woman on the cover supposed to be?

5.0 out of 5 stars Every Secret Thing, 24 Sep 2012
This review is from: Every Secret Thing (Paperback)
An interesting twist to the story with plenty of suspense and drama as the story develops- a good holiday read and you want to keep reading it

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting book, 24 Nov 2012
This review is from: Every Secret Thing (Paperback)
This is a wonderful book and kept me absorbed until the end. I have not been able to forget it and have now bought it for a friend as I am sure she will enjoy it as much as I did. I would really recommen this to anyone who likes a bit of romance and intrigue and yet a beautiful touching story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
Very happy

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 8 Feb 2014
This review is from: Every Secret Thing (Paperback)
Read this on holiday and really lost in the story. Its a thriller really but well written and a good level of suspense. Try it its a good read

5.0 out of 5 stars gripping, 6 Feb 2014
For me this book was a page turner. Also I think Susanna Kearsley is a diverse writer. This book was quite different from all the others I have read, yet really enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A cracking read, 15 Dec 2013
Mary (Oxon United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have given this book 5 stars as I do for all books by this author. Her writing style holds my interest from the very first page to the final sentence. It has an engaging plot full if twists and turns that keep me guessing until the very end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 13 Dec 2013
I love Susanna Kearsley's books, this one is no exception.
A good thriller, full of suspense with believable characters.
Very enjoyable - would thoroughly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Kearsley..., 12 Oct 2013
Title says it all. Great easy reading but not too boring or old fashioned!
Arrived promptly and well packaged as always.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Every Secret Thing
Every Secret Thing by Susanna Kearsley (Paperback - 30 Aug 2010)