Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 October 2010
Bored of the same old zombie survival guides telling you the same old things (be honest - they do - once you've read Max Brooks, you've read them all...... until now!) Dr Dale takes thinking outside the box to a completely new level. It's funny and also extremely logical - I pretty much guarantee everything he tells you will work.... probably - well I hope it does because it would be the most fun apocalypse ever if they did! (In fact I'm going to bet my life on it!) By this book now!
on 13 June 2015
Great read, still giggling
on 23 January 2011
This book is fantastic!!!

The A-Z format was great and constantly surprising as you have no idea what items under that letter the author will cover in this survival guide. Every page brought around another laugh out loud moment.

So educational as well as brilliantly funny and fantastically written.

A must for anyone with a sense of humour and the will to survive the apocalypse.
on 10 January 2011
This book gets off to a decent start. Aardvark. Used by witchdoctors to make potions to walk through walls... or failing that... freeze it and use it as a bludgeoning weapon. Inventive... humorous

Unfortunately, beyond this though the majority of the content is either not funny or dull.

Example of dull: Several screen's about combating a zombie horde on a golf course... which includes far too much detail on the difference between clubs.
Example of not funny: Training sheep... there is screen upon screen about what you could train a sheep to do... attack sheep, defensive sheep... maybe if I was 10 the notion of training sheep to stand on each other to bite a zombies head would be funny... alas I am not 10.. its not funny.

In short. This book is for you if...

a) You like the following 'joke'.

What is green and makes the sound 'Rrrbit'? *pause* *pause* *pause* A FROG! ahahahahha

b) You enjoyed the film 'Black Sheep'

c) Are around the age of 10.

I can see this working if it was a stand up show but as a book it fails.. hard.

On an irrelevant sub-note... not warning against splash back from excessive chainsaw use will undoubtedly lead to many novices being inadvertantly turned during the killing frenzy..
on 18 October 2011
This book is a must for all serious survivalists during a Zombie apocalypse. It offers good advice and essential skills and tactics TO KEEP YOU ALIVE as the title suggests. I would recommend it to everyone. Very funny and an absolute must.
on 17 October 2010
Much more useful than a normal dictionary - the perfect handbook for anyone interested in zombies or survival - you'll be thoroughly prepared for any manner of zombie attack after reading this. An easy 5 stars.
on 30 May 2015
This is written by someone who thinks he's funnier than he actually is. He's like that bloke that everyone laughs at to be polite but hope they don't get cornered by him at the office party. Every joke I read made me think "oh that's a joke, he's trying to be funny" without actually making me laugh. Worse than that I'm reading it on my Kindle - at least if I had a paperback I could use it for wiping my arse in a true zombie apocalypse (although that's what I'd use it for right now anyway).
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 January 2015
bought as a gift
on 11 November 2011
Got this as a gift for Halloween. This is a novelty book and the big problem is the jokes wear very thin very quickly. You can dip in and dip out of the book but it doesn't get any more interesting ... or funnier. It's not a serious zombie guide I was hoping for and the information looks like it was thrown together for lack of imagination .... from A to Z. Not a proper survival book.
on 18 January 2011
I base my review on a few assumptions.

Firstly.... The 'poor' reviews can only have been made by those undergoing zombie-ness. They quite simply haven't read this excellent book in time, and unfortunately they have obviously been bitten. My thoughts are with any of their living relatives at this time.

Secondly.... This wickedly witty book has accidentally given them some hope, which is unfortunate .... (Read the book to understand)

Thrice.... My opinion trumps all others. Fact.

I discovered this book before knowing about the Edinburgh Fringe festival act, and it has most definately whet my appetite. My only worry has been how can I test my knowledge on the go? Well.... there's an app for that!

One word of warning - if left in the bathroom at a party you will slowly loose your guests one by one as they keep sneaking off for a little read, and the bathroom is the safest place to be!

This book is as infectious as a Zombie bite, and I consider it to be well planned and executed. A very funny , clever & entertaining read.
5 out of 5.