5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing
In Mariana, Julia Beckett moves from London to Greywethers, a house in the country that has seemingly called out to her for years. She begins having "flashbacks" of sorts, to when she was Mariana Farr, a young woman living during the Restoration. Not only does Julia live the life of her predecessor, she actually is Mariana, feeling her feelings and thinking her...
Published on 20 May 2009 by Ellis Bell

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
Quite an interesting story about parallel lives. Travels back and forth in time - nice easy read for bedtime or holiday read
Published 19 months ago by Mrs. J. Marsh

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked it, 13 Nov 2012
This review is from: Mariana (Kindle Edition)
It was a good plot, with a twist at the end, basically a good read I have recommend it to my friends

4.0 out of 5 stars A Homing Instinct, 30 Oct 2012
This review is from: Mariana (Kindle Edition)
'Mariana' is a very unusual...ghost story which though totally unlikely begins and indeed continues in a very believable way with good characterisation, a lively feeling of 'place' and a coherent plot. I loved the house which is almost a character in its own right and it helps that the protagonist is a likeable person who is willing to share her thoughts and feelings with the reader and has very definite ambitions and reactions. One cares about her. It would have been an improvement to be let into the inner life of some of the other characters rather more, as occasionally (as with Vivien for example) a promising personality is not explored despite having an interesting story. I also felt that the ending was - after its twists and turns - a trifle predictable. But I certainly recommend it as an enjoyable read.

4.0 out of 5 stars A love story on two levels, 17 Oct 2012
This review is from: Mariana (Kindle Edition)
I thought that Mariana was a really good read. It wasn't just a story on one level but skipped generations to reveal an interesting twist to the tale. The main character was both believable and likeable and I did quite enjoy the unexpected ending. I would recommend this as a good, light read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A most unsual love story, 27 Sep 2012
This review is from: Mariana (Kindle Edition)
A real can't put down book. Two stories running side by side with an unusual link with plenty of twists.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Sep 2012
This review is from: Mariana (Kindle Edition)
This is the first of the authors books I had read and I enjoyed it so much I had to buy another. I could not put the book down. If you like books with a lot of mystery with a bit of history and romance thrown in then this is the book for you. Even if you have never thought of the idea of reincarnation before, this book will make you question life experiences anew.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mariana, 26 Sep 2012
This review is from: Mariana (Paperback)
Oh my!! What a read this was. I am a big fan of the time slip novel, Barbara Erskine being an old favorite but as I am fairly new to Ms Kearsley I went into this with an open mind. I was transfixed from page one and couldn't put the book down until I finished two days later. Well written, interesting characters which the reader can care about and an imaginative plot to boot. Highly recommended and if you do enjoy this would advise you read Sophia's Secret next, that will really be the icing on the cake as that was one of the best reads I have had in a long time! Great stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars mariana, 19 Sep 2012
This review is from: Mariana (Kindle Edition)
I think its a brillant book,keeps you in suspense all the way through ,Mariana has been here before in a previous life ,and now she keeps going back in time ,its so haunting I havent yet finshed the book ,but wanted everybody to give it a try you wont be disapointed.I will be disapointed when I have finished reading it though,as I so look forward to spending a good half hour reading it at a time ,go on get it now.

4.0 out of 5 stars fabulous moments, but some clod-hopping details..., 1 July 2011
L. Bretherton "dempie" (Tiverton, Devon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Mariana (Paperback)
Ooh, where to begin?? I really enjoyed this book, it keeps you guessing all the way through.. I love the time travel theme, and the actual 'transportation' moments are very well done - seamless travel between the centuries, loved this slick action from the author. There are hints throughout the novel as to how it might end up, but somehow, the actual ending appears quite abrupt. I kind of saw what was coming, but when it really happened, it seemed a bit rushed. However, I loved all the characters and very much enjoyed the read. I felt I was really there, in that village with the ginger cat and the pub and I very much identified with the heroine. One part of the ending was completely unexpected, and I was a bit taken aback by that, as I wasn't expecting that particular character to get married at all... to a woman!!

5.0 out of 5 stars anticipating a good read, 20 Jan 2011
This review is from: Mariana (Paperback)
This book arrived earlier than I expected especiall as I ordered it just before Christmas.

I haven't read it yet but previous books by this author have been an excellent read and am anticipating an exciting read.

Mariana
Mariana by Susanna Kearsley (Paperback - 2 Mar 2009)
5.59