on 5 February 2010
A fantastic section on the basics of the English language; Grammar, Syntax, Phonology etc. Was such a great help during my revision. I will definitely be getting the A2 one for next year!!
on 27 March 2009
I am currently taking AS English Language so I decided to get the textbook created for the new specification (my school gave us the old books, which wasn't too great for revision). It covers all the points needed for both exam and coursework, and includes all the proper terminology you need to use. Obviously, it is not something I would want to read, but for the purposes of the course it has become very well valued.
on 9 July 2010
Attractively presented, thorough and essential tool for students (and teachers) of A2 level English Language. AQA have provided lesson ideas, exam preparation and tips, advice on tackling each of the two components, and explicit coursework instructions. It contains information on the assessment objectives, examiners hints for success, and guidance as to how to structure essays. Invaluable.
on 12 November 2013
I am currently doing my AS Level as a mature student and this is a big help. It break down the aspects of the coursework and gives hints about what the examiner expects to see. Recommended!
on 12 January 2010
It's got everything I need and it has really helped me especially for coursework as I am creating a speech and it has all the elements I need so I am able to know what things are needed to be included in my speech. The delivery arrived on time, great packaging and I am happy.
on 30 November 2013
Bought for my daughter who is doing English language A levels and this was on her list of books from the school.
on 24 April 2011
As a teacher of this course I would recommend this student book. It is very good at supporting the course and can be used independently. The work on section A would need more filling out and supplementary work-I would have liked more exam questions and model answers but is is a start. The chapters on section B - technology. power and gender are a good guide. Ideally I would want students to do some extra work here but this section is very good at providing key ideas in a succinct manner. All in all a great book to supplement class work, or support independent study eg if you have missed a topic.
on 16 July 2015
It did the job, I was able to learn and revise from this text book. Unfortunately, the conditions of the book weren't as described to be and was a little worn. However, the product was adequate in educating me, and providing me with all the correct information. I paid little under what a newer edition would have cost, in better quality- so the quality of the book should of been better.
on 9 November 2013
i can the book as my own and it is in the quality that i expected it to have. thank you
on 26 January 2014
rated 4 instead of 5 as even the teacher recommending the book described as "boring but useful". I have to say that sums it up. But when was learning ever always entertaining? Treat it as a tool and you will not be disappointed. It will definitely help her get her grades at my daughters AS level.