on 22 August 2010
I'm a Psychology Teacher and although I wouldn't use this is as my primary teaching book, it is an excellent book for the students to have so that they can read a simple version of what we are discussing. Also, its good for revision, (especially for students who prefer to learn through reading) as it has clear summaries of key studies along with identified evaluative points. Don't think, though, that it is the bible for the exam. Occasionally, areas that are barely touched on in this book are major essays in the exam and similarly there are detailed areas in this book that are not on the AQA A Syllabus (especially the biological background to stress). Syllabus first!
on 18 June 2009
I have used this book for my AS studies (just done the exams!) and the information within this book is very helpful, clearly structured and easy reference. I must advise though when I started my studies you might find this book confusing but over time you DO get used to it and it becomes much easier to understand.
I definately recommend this book for any AS student doing AS Psychology.
on 15 May 2012
Great for revision on AQA A Psychology AS. Best book out there. condences everything into much more easier ways to read, its colourful and strength and weaknesses are set out in spider diagrammes. Best book i've had and A2 AQA A psychology revision book is just as good.
on 6 September 2010
I started psychology for A level last year and was given this book in class, initially i found it very useful and full of information because i genuinely interested in psychology. But as the subject became harder and the words become longer, i really struggled with this book; you would definitely need a teacher to take you through the entire course when using this book otherwise you wouldn't understand. The book is also filled with paragraph after paragraph of black writing and blue title with very few pictures and colours making it extremely tedious to read and abstract information from. The book i would strongly suggest buying, possibly along side this book is 'The complete companion' (cat on the front cover) both books offer some different information as well as the same information but i found the book far more student friendly.
on 22 January 2011
Recieved this book shortly after i ordered it 4-5 days with a free delivery option, read it often instead of listening to my teachers and it helped me fly past the 2011 january exam on research methods and attachment. reccomend it to anyone
on 17 June 2012
Don't get me wrong this book is in no way a revision guide. It is a thick text book full of paragraphs of text with few pictures and examiner hints and tips which break up the text. The book provides key word boxes which give you psychological terms you could use in your answers which help show your knowledge and understanding to examiners. However I did find on the stress topic that some of the information (especially the stress and immune system and sympathomedullary pathway and pituarity adreinal system) was over complicated and felt overwhelmed by all the biological terms thrown at me which was not relevant to the exam. This books is not the best however proved very helpfull when used along side other resources so I would recommend it to students taking the psychology a level. If clusters of text is too overbearing for you I would recommend an alternative such as the cgp book which has a more student friendly approach to the course.
on 24 October 2009
A good text book. Once you get your head around the jumping of the topics in each chapter it has very good info. Would recommend.
on 22 December 2015
This book has everything you need and then a whole lot more. As a teacher it's excellent. I often use this book to extend information. For students it can be great (especially for the B-A grades) but for some I think it can bee too much.
on 30 August 2014
This was bought for my grandaughter who is studying Psychology at sixth form this September. I can only pass on her opinion of the book and she says she is "well pleased " with it. Good price as well.
on 27 July 2014
Although a little dated, with regards to the current (and soon to be updated) syllabus for AQA psychology; this book will still provide a great support to students and teachers. Very student friendly.