4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent text for A - Level Chemistry
Published on 30 Nov 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my fave.
Published on 13 Feb 2010 by Hannah Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my fave., 13 Feb 2010
This review is from: A-Level Chemistry - Core Text Fourth Edition (Paperback)
This book was recommended by the uni and I must admit I didn't get on with this book. A majority of people on the course used this book like a bible which suggests that it is a very good book. However, I found other textbooks a lot more useful than this one. The problem I had with this book is that I didn't find the way it explained things very helpful. Sometimes they were too short, othertimes I would just be lost! I actually found a higher level textbook much more informative as it had more detail.
This book I'm afraid is down to the individual as I know people have mixed views on it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent text for A - Level Chemistry, 30 Nov 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: A-Level Chemistry - Core Text Fourth Edition (Paperback)
This revised text covers all aspects of the new AS and A2 specifications. Thorough explanations and comprehensive diagrams make this book easy to read and understand. The organic chemistry sections are particularly good. Finally the summaries at the end of each chapter break down the information to the absolutely necessary which is useful when revising. The only drawback is that it does tend to get into too much detail, which can cause confusion.
All in all a great buy!

3.0 out of 5 stars Some sound content but a drab appearance., 25 Feb 2013
This review is from: A-Level Chemistry - Core Text Fourth Edition (Paperback)
I am writing as a teacher of Chemistry with 13 years experience in the NSW Australian Curriculum.

This book has some great concept maps and spider diagrams that link the content within each unit.

There are no colour pages (aside from the blue ink used for headings). The content seems sound, however as I am not familiar with the content of the A level course I cannot state how useful it is for completing the course. I get the feeling that the content is at an elementary level and would be good for students that are average to good, however students who have a strong grasp of chemistry would prefer a more detailed book.

I have also used Advanced Chemistry (Advanced Science) by Michael Clugston and Rosalind Flemming (8 Jun 2000) and find this a much more exciting book to read with better depth to its content.

5.0 out of 5 stars Homeschoolers delight!!, 10 Feb 2007
A Heaver - See all my reviews
This review is from: A-Level Chemistry - Core Text Fourth Edition (Paperback)
I love this text book! It helped me teach my sons the awesome delights of chemistry. As a parent homeschooler I found the text easy to understand with highly detailed diagrams. I taught myself with this text resource then passed on knowledge to my kids who have found a refreshing fascination with all things chemistry. Well done Ms Ramsden!

5.0 out of 5 stars An all compassing book for A'level, 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: A-Level Chemistry - Core Text Fourth Edition (Paperback)
The book covers the A'level syllabus and it is easy to understand. It gives adequate guide for teaching the syllabus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of detail, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: A-Level Chemistry - Core Text Fourth Edition (Paperback)
Very comprehensive book. It has far more than you would need for A-level but it helps fill in knowledge gaps and get rid of misconceptions. Good for revision

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have Chemistry Revision Book, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: A-Level Chemistry - Core Text Fourth Edition (Paperback)
I bought this revision book for my son who had just started his 6th form studies at a local grammar school. It was recommended by his teacher and I have also heard very good online reviews about it too. My son loved the book ever since he started using it. He mentioned that the book contents were very well presented, came with exam-styled questions at the end of every chapter and answers to all questions at the back of the book (which indeed was a huge plus point!). We would definitely recommend it to students preparing for their A level studies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chemistry, 8 Oct 2012
I. Allwright "me" (Herts) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A-Level Chemistry - Core Text Fourth Edition (Paperback)
Good qualitity book. Fast delivery. As advertised. One of the recommended text books for A-level. Heavy to carry around, back and forth to school.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Dec 2014
This review is from: A-Level Chemistry - Core Text Fourth Edition (Paperback)
In perfect condition although it's second hand, exactly what I need for my a level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Nov 2014
This review is from: A-Level Chemistry - Core Text Fourth Edition (Paperback)
It arrived very fast, and as I expected it to be.

A-Level Chemistry - Core Text Fourth Edition
A-Level Chemistry - Core Text Fourth Edition by Eileen Ramsden (Paperback - 18 April 2000)