5.0 out of 5 stars THIS BOOK IS ABSOLUTLEY FANTASTIC, 16 Sep 2000
This review is from: Philosophy of Religion for A Level (Paperback)
As an A level student, i use this book in my studies and find it very useful indeed. The book contains a great breadth and depth of knowledge as well as highliting key points that are needed as well as suggesting things for students to consider as they study. The book is brilliant, it lessens the shock often experienced when going from GCSE to A level and makes the study of this extreemely complicated and deep subject fun and interesting. I would strongly reccomend this book to anyone studying A level Philosophy or RS or even anyone with a passing interest in the subject as all complicated terms are explained at the side of the page wherever they are used. This also aids in recollection a great deal and is very usefull in exams and coursework.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it, 8 Dec 2012
This review is from: Philosophy of Religion for A Level (Paperback)
Better than I excepted, I usually don't order used books but this was in good conditions and was the exact book i needed for my syallbus

5.0 out of 5 stars Theology Group Applaud, 26 Mar 2001
This review is from: Philosophy of Religion for A Level (Paperback)
We are presently studying philosophy within our theology course, the book has been an inspiration to our group of whom a quarter of the class have chosen to study philosophy at degree level. We are particularly interested in the Neil Lockyer chapters and so is our teacher! The layout of the book provides the imperative knowledge essential to our course and exams. The format of the arguments for the existence of God is set out well and makes it easier to learn from. We look forward to assessing any new books that are presently being written by the authors. All of our theology group wouuld like to recommend this book to any theologians out there. Philosophers Unite!!

4.0 out of 5 stars "An infinite creation of what authors can do!", 16 Mar 2001
This review is from: Philosophy of Religion for A Level (Paperback)
This book is being studied at present for A-level for my course, at first I have got to say that I wasn't too impressed with it. I found that the book crammed in too much information & does indeed jump too quickly from one scholar to another without allowing for any summaries of what have just been read. BUT this book has to be given a chance, & this is one thing that I have learnt from philosophy & when studying the book it gives it a different feel to it. This book has been an "infinite creation" of what authors can do & as a special bonus it has revision summaries at the back of the book. The only thing that I would say is that it is a shame that it does not include photos & a paragraph or two from all three of the authors! Well done, especially to Neil Lockyer!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars a damn fine book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 27 Jan 2001
This review is from: Philosophy of Religion for A Level (Paperback)
Having had the great opportunity to actually be taught by the authors of this book I can without doubt recommend it to anyone who wishes to pass their alevel in Religious studies. It has kept me sane when times were hard and I felt like giving up. Edwin Tate writes with fluency and decorum. Neil Lockyer provides clear insights into the various theories using humerous examples. Anne Jordan explains thing in a well laid out manner with a good grasp of the hurdles which an alevel student may have to struggle over. However on a sad note, I must say that at times the changing writing styles can get confusing and perhaps they tried a little too hard. All in all I would advise any prospective consumers that this book is a well rounded textbook to aid any alevel religious studies student with their academic hell; there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Philosophy of Religion for A Level
Philosophy of Religion for A Level by Edwin Tate (Paperback - Aug 1999)
Used & New from: 0.01