5.0 out of 5 stars Thorough short summary of the work during WWII at BP
Very typical of Shire books - this is a good summary of the subject and a sound grounding for further reading and research. It isn't the last word in the history of war-time activity at Bletchley Park, and it isn't meant to be.

Highly recommended and I hope it enthuses readers to read more about the place.
Published 17 months ago by Mr. Kevin Murrell

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what was expected
I must say I expected a proper book, not a glorified pamphlet. I really thought this would be an in depth study of Station X; it turned out to be almost a modern day potted version of Bletchley Park's personnel; a bit like those old Ladybird books we had as kids!
Published 17 months ago by Chris Snushall

5.0 out of 5 stars Thorough short summary of the work during WWII at BP, 9 Mar 2013
This review is from: Bletchley Park: The Code-breakers of Station X (Shire Library) (Paperback)

Highly recommended and I hope it enthuses readers to read more about the place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent introduction to this fascinating place., 22 Sep 2013
Always been fascinated by Bletchley Park and this is a great introduction to the place and code-breakers who worked there.

4.0 out of 5 stars a crypt of decription, 14 Oct 2013
This is a useful and informative reference book on Bl Pk. (Irrespective of their own understandable internal abbreviations, please avoid calling it "bp "- that confuses )
I wish we gave a similar accolade to all the British work done on Radar. Although Neatishead is good, we still have no real National central tribute to this 'sine qua non' of our winning WW2

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent read. I have purchased others on this subject, 20 July 2014
Basic resource, excellent read.
I have purchased others on this subject.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what was expected, 8 Mar 2013
Did not add anything substantive to my knowledge of Enigma etc. I was looking forward to reading this book having read about in the Daily Telegraph one weekend - perhaps I should be writing to the paper reviewer for giving a false impression.

Bletchley Park: The Code-breakers of Station X (Shire Library)
Bletchley Park: The Code-breakers of Station X (Shire Library) by Michael Smith (Paperback - 9 Jan 2013)
5.99