Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 August 2012
From the first page this book pulls you into a world of magnificent buildings set in some outstanding lanscapes.An interesting introduction to those inquisitive about park and garden buildings from this age and a useful memory jogger for those who have made visits to the locations featured. Good selection of pictures and illustrations throughout.Well written and informative text make this book a joy to read.Definitely worth buying!
on 20 September 2012
This excellent book tells me clearly & concisely where to look, what to look for & how to understand & appreciate what I'm looking at when I've found it.
I have already 'ticked off' some of the buildings examined & it has helped me very much as I explore the country, giving an extra purpose & engagement to visiting places of interest.
It is both well written & illustrated.
on 1 October 2012
This is well written and illustrated, and as always there is something new to discover within, even if you have volumes on the subject. A delight, as are all Shire books.