4.0 out of 5 stars FOR THE PRICE AND CONTENT ITS WORTH EVERY ONE OF THE 4 STARS
OK, we are not talking about a book for experts here, but 4.99 wont buy a lot these days, however if you are a collector or researcher with even the slightest interest in British medals, this is one book you should certainly buy.

Published on 4 Jun 2006 by Michael David Booker

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for what it is.
My own fault for not fully reading the description. This is only a small little book. I guess it covers what it should do, I just had the idea that it might be more of a book, rather than a pamphlet type thing. Next time I will spend a few quid more and buy a hardback reference book.
Published 10 months ago by Mr. T. Betts

4.0 out of 5 stars FOR THE PRICE AND CONTENT ITS WORTH EVERY ONE OF THE 4 STARS, 4 Jun 2006
This review is from: British Campaign Medals, 1914-2005 (Shire Album) (Paperback)

It is a splendid and invaluable source of reference covering the war and campaign medals awarded to British service personnel between 1914 and the present day. It is smack up to date, it is very readable, handy in size and provides more than enough information to cover general queries and also points you in the right direction for further research, medal specialists and auction houses.

Besides detailing the basic history behind the award, readers will find the excellent quality full colour photographs exceptionally useful for both reference and recognition purposes.

I am a great lover of these little books - I have owned and used them personally for my own research and collecting purposes for over forty years and they have never failed me yet.

For the price of a sandwich and a can of cola (which last you ten minutes), you have a book here that will serve you a lifetime.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good little guide, 4 Sep 2011
Ms. C. Power (england) - See all my reviews
I brought this book for my Dad and he is very happy with it. The book was delivered really quickly in about 2 days which was impressive. The book is quite thin but this reflects the price. The book has colour pictures which is great. Overall my dad was really impressed by this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book - Easy to Understand!, 4 July 2012
I am a newbie to the world of military medals and really don't know anything at all...I bought this book as I am creating a family tree and wanted to learn more about the medals that were awarded to my Grandfather and great Grandfather. This book is brilliant and very easy to understand. The pages are well laid out with very easy to follow text and the full colour images are a God send. You really can't go wrong!

5.0 out of 5 stars My dads medals, 3 Jan 2014
This book helped me caterize my fathers millatary medals. Not only there signifcance but also the ribbon match.. A useful book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant value, 4 Aug 2013
Great book for my research and easy to follow. Will be recomending it to friends. This was great value for the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for what it is., 30 May 2013
Mr. T. Betts (Leics, UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 6 Feb 2013
A slim volume, but definitely does what it says on the tin, I think this is good value for money

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, informative, 29 Jan 2013
I enjoyed reading this book and found it very imformative and the clour illustrations are well laid out. A bookfor collectors.

ARRAY(0xb156424c)

British Campaign Medals, 1914-2005 (Shire Album)
British Campaign Medals, 1914-2005 (Shire Album) by Peter Duckers (Paperback - 1 Feb 2006)
5.03