5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
I have been to Egypt, the first time was in 1993, and I made my mind up that I'd like to study Egyptology.

Published on 7 Mar 2007 by Mrs. A. M. Chadwick

3.0 out of 5 stars Dated
This book is probably now out of date due to new discoveries.

The capital city of the Hyksos was called Avaris and late June 2010 the BBC World Srvice announced the discovery of the remains of the city of Avaris.
Published on 21 Jun 2010 by James Wells

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 Mar 2007
Mrs. A. M. Chadwick (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Hyksos Period in Egypt (Shire Egyptology) (Paperback)

Now in my second year of studying Egyptology, one of the periods I studying this year also involve the Hyksos who the Egyptians classed as atheist barbarians. Although it wasn't one of the study books I had to read I decided to purchase it. This provides an excellent overview of a period. I found this book informative, interesting and enjoyable to read.

Whether you are studying Egyptology or just want a little more knowledge then Shire Publications are all great books. Have a look at the rest of my reviews, you'll find number of Shire books mentioned.

It makes an excellent edition to my little Egyptian library, which now stands at nearly 1000 books on this subject. :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars A very interesting and helpful publication., 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Hyksos Period in Egypt (Shire Egyptology) (Paperback)
I required this publication for Egyptology study and would recommend it for anyone who is interested in this subject as it covers a particularly interesting and complex period in ancient Egyptian history.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dated, 21 Jun 2010
James Wells "Cambyses" (KSA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Hyksos Period in Egypt (Shire Egyptology) (Paperback)
This book is probably now out of date due to new discoveries.

The Hyksos Period in Egypt (Shire Egyptology)
The Hyksos Period in Egypt (Shire Egyptology) by Charlotte Booth (Paperback - 1 Oct 2005)
Used & New from: £0.97