I have been to Egypt, the first time was in 1993, and I made my mind up that I'd like to study Egyptology.

Although in my second year of studying Egyptology, during my first year we touched on models that were made for different purposes. Although it wasn't one of the study books I was required to read I decided to purchase it.

This provides you with a lot of information on the various kinds of models and model scenes and the material that they were made of and the tools they used..

The models have mainly been found in tombs as they were there to help their pharaohs in the afterlife. If you visit an Egyptian exhibition in museums you'll usually find at least one of these models which are usually of boats, or servants performing their jobs.

The largest variety I have seen is at the Manchester Museum it gives you a varied look into what the Egyptians thought their pharaohs would need to have a successful afterlife.

I found this book informative, interesting and enjoyable to read.

Whether you are studying Egyptology or just want a little more knowledge then Shire Publications are all great books. Have a look at the rest of my reviews, you'll find number of Shire books mentioned.

It makes an excellent edition to my little Egyptian library, which now stands at nearly 1000 books on this subject. :-)
on 28 April 2014
Book I'd been after for a while, so just what I needed to cheer me up in the morning from the postie. Thank you, would recommend this seller.
on 7 July 2015