on 10 January 2011
I've read Gareth P Jones' other books and loved them all but I think this is my favourite. I'm so impressed with his different writing styles and ideas and always instantly warm to his colourful and quirky characters. They're always well written page turners. In this book Stanley Bound (great name!) gets arrested and has to prove he didn't commit murder in another galaxy. He gets to escape his pretty grim existence, have a rip-roaring adventure on different planets meeting all sorts of aliens (I think Spore is one of my favourite characters ever) and discover something unbelievably cool about himself. Once again the author has a few delightful surprises up his sleeve to wrong foot you just as you think you know what's going on. This book made me laugh out loud and I'm sure it would appeal to boys and girls of all ages.

You won't be sorry if you buy this book.
on 30 August 2010
are you ready for an outerspace adventure? Then be ready to join Stanley Bound as he gets taken from Earth to have to fight for himself in a new world of good and bad types to defend himself, and maybe more... Another roller-coaster of a book by Gareth P Jones as he stretches his imagination again to make us think all might not be as it seems out there. I think worthy of a sequel.
on 22 October 2011
Just finished the book yesterday (21st October 2011) and WOW the book was amazing. On Monday (17 October 2011) I actually met the author and I got my book signed. This is what he wrote:
"To Lewis,

Really cool meeting you

Signature"

BUY THIS BOOK NOW AND READ IT OR ELSE!
on 7 April 2013
Story line is universal so will appeal to both girls and boys about 9-11 yrs old. Great gift idea considering the author was making school to school visits during national book week. Was able to get 4 books from the same author from Amazon for the same price as a single book in the stores (excluding p&p). So big thumbs up to Amazon.co.uk
on 2 January 2013
It was funny but sad at the same time.About a boy who travels with aliens to save he universal race