5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read, not jus another memoir!!
Published on 15 Jan 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit boring
It's more educational than entertaining I feel. I do have an interest in people and places but was sort of waiting for something exciting to happen.
Published 7 months ago by Fanny

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read, not jus another memoir!!, 15 Jan 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: On Gold Mountain (Paperback)
I thought this book was going to be another memoir following the craze that has been present for some time. I found this book strayed away from my predictions, it is told in both first and third person which is a refreshing change. And yet this book has not chosen this narrative style to go against the grain but because Lisa See can. I could relate to this book because I am half Chinese and half white, her story had me gripped. But this book is not jst for a limited audience this chronical entertains anyone and everyone with aninterest in history and culture. BRILLIANT

5.0 out of 5 stars Fact and fiction!!, 10 May 2009
This review is from: On Gold Mountain: A Family Memoir of Love, Struggle and Survival (Paperback)
As usual Lisa See's book combines fantastic insight into the Chinese culture and with this one her family history is explored. Very different to her others books inasmuch as it is much more of a factual book but cleverly inter-twined with a fictional side. Difficult to explain but great to read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 12 Oct 2010
On Gold Mountain follows the See family from their early years in China to settling in America. It is a facinating read about the struggles faced by the family in their quest to earn money and fit into the Western society and touches on the traditions still kept up in an attempt not to loose their heritage.

5.0 out of 5 stars On Gold Mountain, 3 April 2014
Excellent book. I love Lisa See's books. The book arrived within the stated period of time, was well packaged and was exactly as described by the seller

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best stories written by Lisa See, 20 Mar 2014
I like the author Lisa See and have read most of her books. this was one I gave to my mother, my daughter, we and keep passing it on. It is a wonderfully written saga about a family and their history which takes you to another time and culture. It has been many years since I read this but going to order again preferably in Hardback so I don't part with it ... This time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gold mountain, 15 Dec 2013
I have not read this book,reading it jacket I considered it as a good book for one of my friend who enjoys reading life's history's it seemed to have what I was looking for her, so it was one for the Christmas stocking filling

5.0 out of 5 stars Gold mountain, 13 Dec 2013
Really enjoyed this one and felt for the female characters .could not put it down will read more from this authoress

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit boring, 5 Sep 2013
This review is from: On Gold Mountain (Kindle Edition)

3.0 out of 5 stars A good fun read, 28 April 2013
A good fun read. I I liked her other books so gave this a whirl. It's intresting to see where she has come from as a writer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, interesting book. Couldn't put it down., 20 Mar 2013
This review is from: On Gold Mountain (Kindle Edition)
A fantastic and gripping account of Chinese immigratin in America. An uplifting story about overcoming terrible odds to find a better life. An insight into the life of China from the mid 1980s to the present day.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›