5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book.
Wow, we loved it. My son was given the first HIVE book at school, which is great because he is a bit choosy about trying new authors. We both read the first book (which was great), then this one and the third. We are eagerly awaiting the next instalment!! My son is 12 and I am 33 and we both enjoyed it. Fast paced and exciting!!!
Published on 8 April 2009 by Ms. Tracey M. Newcombe

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs a good editor
Published on 6 Jan 2010 by Madaboutbooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book., 8 April 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the first., 24 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Overlord Protocol: H.I.V.E. 2 (Paperback)
Mark Walden's second book in the HIVE series is much better than the brilliant first book, mainly because a lot of the action takes place out of the school.

Without spoiling too much, two of our anti-heroes find themselves in Japan where all hell breaks loose. Non-stop action make this read like a book by adventure writers for adults such as James Rollins or Andy McDermott.

The school, of course, does feature and we learn more about some of the teachers and more about the notorious GLOVE.

Shaping up to be a must read series, I can't wait to read book three and the follow-ons.

Oh, I'm 35 this year and have no problem saying I love kids books! Check out Michael Scott's Nicholas Flamel series and Alex Scarrow's TimeRiders books.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourites., 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Overlord Protocol: H.I.V.E. 2 (Paperback)
This books gives you a few answers, but ultimately leaves you with a lot more questions! In a good way though.

Basically Wing learns of his fathers death, so he and Otto are given special permission to go to the funeral. That's when someone tries to kill Otto. Someone as powerful as Number One. They want to gain supremacy and the only way they can do that is with H.I.V.E.'s main computer. With the peace and security of H.I.V.E. Threatened. Otto must do everything he can to try and save it.

I have to say this book is one of my favourites In the series. A powerful baddy, but even more powerful good baddies! Exciting, gripping, keeps your wondering. And only answers some of your questions at the end!! What more could you want. As I've already said it answers some questions but gives even more to be answered that we only get to find out later in the series. So there's a great excuse to read all the books. Everyone hates unanswered questions!

A good read. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars H.I.V.E., 28 July 2011
This review is from: The Overlord Protocol: H.I.V.E. 2 (Paperback)
H.I.V.E. was always an exilirating and yet funny book, every time I read it I enter my own world enjoying the adventures of Dr. Nero, Raven, Otto and all the other characters. I don't read books I'm 13 and enjoy everything other than reading, but for H.I.V.E. I am more than happy to make that exception.

4.0 out of 5 stars the overlord protocol H.I.V.E.2, 12 May 2011
James Poulton "jim poulton" (hamilton scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Overlord Protocol: H.I.V.E. 2 (Paperback)
purchased for my grandson (but i had to read it first)just to make sure it was ok for him , well thats my excuse and i enjoyed it and the rest of the series

5.0 out of 5 stars book review, 18 Nov 2010
This review is from: The Overlord Protocol: H.I.V.E. 2 (Paperback)
excellent book. My son loves this series and couldn't wait to get his hands on this one, and he wasn't disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Jolly good Jape, 24 Aug 2009
Mr. G. Thompson (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Overlord Protocol: H.I.V.E. 2 (Paperback)
The second book in the series. Bond meets Artemis in a fast paced adventure. Couldn't put it down. Great for a wet day in Ireland!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another 5 Star read..., 5 Dec 2010
AngusJ "AJ" (North Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Overlord Protocol: H.I.V.E. 2 (Paperback)
I thought the initial book was good. Not great - but good. In general the introductions to all the characters were good, and Walden did a brilliant job of intergrating the plot with the reader,
but I thought the "main feature" - of the plant attacking at the end, was a little disappointing - in the same way that Cherub's "The recruit" is fantastic but with a somewhat dissapointing first
involving Hippies and a school bus.

But I'm glad to say Walden has come along leaps and bonus after the experience from writing the first chapter in an amazing series. The overlord protocol not only has an intriguing and
enthralling plot, but Walden has the 'spark' that is essential for a five star read. I bought the entire - 6 Book Series - three weeks ago and got through the lot in a week, and it was truly
fantastic. I would urge everyone to read this book. The language is not overly complex, and there's no blood and gore, just pure action on every page. I think everyone, male, female, young
and old, would LOVE this entire series, and I urge you to go out and buy them all now!

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs a good editor, 6 Jan 2010
This review is from: The Overlord Protocol: H.I.V.E. 2 (Paperback)
A fair read, but with the feel that it was rushed out after the success of the original. Boy did it need a decent copyedit. Then there are also continuity errors and plenty of typos. Every single page contains the word "suddenly", sometimes three or four times. A golden rule for the writer is never to say "suddenly" because it's cheating your readers to bring something in from outside that hasn't been foreshadowed. Yes, rules are there to be broken, but not on every page.

As with the original HIVE, the ending also lets the book down and doesn't really make sense. Yes there's much imagination and, if you enjoyed the first, you should probably read this too, but it's not the next Harry Potter for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars FULL OF ACTION 'N' SUSPENSE!, 27 Feb 2010
This review is from: The Overlord Protocol: H.I.V.E. 2 (Paperback)
I loved this book and I'm proud to have it sitting on my bookshelf.

This is a great book and I recommend it for 11+ yr olds.

Great value for money too.

The Overlord Protocol: H.I.V.E. 2
The Overlord Protocol: H.I.V.E. 2 by Mark Walden (Paperback - 1 Sep 2008)
Used & New from: 0.01