5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it, 22 Jan. 2010
M. P. Sanger "Little Chief" (Southampton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crazy Hair (Hardcover)
My 2.5yr old daughter absolutely loves this book - she gets very animated when we read it, and we can read it to her in a way that we can visibly see encourages her imagination. As with 'Where the Wild Things are' and 'the Cat in the Hat', she is now using excerpts from the book when describing everyday situations so it must be doing something right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crazy Hair, 20 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Crazy Hair (Paperback)
Love this book. Is just so different to other childrens' books and the illustrations are fantastic.
Is recommended for 4 years plus but my 2 year old twins love it and shout 'Crazy Hair' every time we get to the end of the lines.

5.0 out of 5 stars A simple but totally magical tale., 22 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Crazy Hair (Hardcover)
I have to confess I love this book, the pages burst with extraordinary hues and imagery that never fail to whisk children up and into it's colourful arms. The Story is deceptively simple, a man with an untameable head of hair meets a girl who offers to comb it for him. What unfolds is a fable of grand ideas neatly fitted into a picture book. Even after the book is finished (which you have to read out loud with great exuberance) it is impossible not to ask your little ones.........."What will the hair 'swallow' next?"

5.0 out of 5 stars it is crazy!, 10 Feb. 2010
vera jakovljevic (budleigh salterton) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crazy Hair (Hardcover)
My children weren't sure what they thought about the book to begin with (4 and 5 year olds) but they get the mad part about it now and love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 9 July 2014
Great book. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Craaaaaaaaaaaazy Fun!, 21 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Crazy Hair (Paperback)
My 3 year-old grand-daughter and I first came across this book during one of our many trips to the local library. Don't be put off by the wacky cover - you simply must read this book! It's fantastic for reading aloud and had my grand-daughter truly enchanted and in a real fit of giggles in no time. It's been a favourite read ever since and still results in lots of laughter and much talking about what's happening in all the wonderfully clever illustrations. A brilliant book that will have you talking about 'craaaaazy hair' in no time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Crazy Hair (Paperback)
A great children's book. My little girl (2 years old) loves it, and would have me read it every night if she could. Neil Gaiman really has a gift for catching your imagination with his books, whatever your age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crazy fun!, 15 Jan. 2011
Malena Wilson-Max (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crazy Hair (Paperback)
The story is both emotional and light, humorous and magical. The mesmerising artwork reinstate this to its full potential. My 8 year old daugher who is very fluent reader found it very very enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this Rhyming Rollercoaster, 4 Jan. 2011
Ms K. Kenyon (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crazy Hair (Paperback)
My son who is 2.5yrs adores this book, and I love reading it to him. He knows nearly all the words and enjoys the phrase "crazy hair". We have created a real character - a southern gent- as the narrator, and it really seems to work. Most recently my niece nd nephews ranging in age from 2 - 6 stayed over and this was read every night. It's great to have something so imaginative and creative to read, and although I thought the illustrations would be a little scary at first, the children are really receptive to them. A fantastic additon to any childrens library.

4.0 out of 5 stars Charming book for children, 8 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Crazy Hair (Paperback)
Although I was originally un-nerved by the illustrations and (am still) jarred by odd scansion in a couple of the verses, my two-and-a-half year old loves this. I now really appreciate having a book that isn't full of the usual cute, rounded characters and I'm happy to read this funny, charming and unusual book every day.

Crazy Hair
Crazy Hair by Neil Gaiman (Paperback - 3 May 2010)