5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Foraging Guide
A visit to the seaside will never be the same again after reading this brilliant book. I had always wondered what wild food could be collected down by the sea but had been too worried to try anything - and the things I knew you could eat I didn't know how to catch. This book explains it all in a clear and wickedly amusing way. About forty species are covered, from...
Published on 8 May 2009 by Jon Sloper

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok as far as it goes...
To be fair, I do like the style of this author. He sounds natural, and clearly has a good knowledge of his subject, but (and it is quite a big 'but') for a book about the edible seashore, I felt the section on seaweeds was both sadly lacking in information and unduly negative. I could find nothing at all about the wracks, of which there are many, and some are delicious. I...
Published on 26 July 2012 by rainbowgirl

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like this book, 2 July 2014
Wayne (Burghfield Common, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Edible Seashore: River Cottage Handbook No.5 (Hardcover)
I really like this book. Very clear and easy to read. We use it to decide what we can safely eat from the sea and what might not be worth the risk owing to the environment it was found in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent addition, 10 Jun 2014
IOWRob (Isle of Wight, Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Edible Seashore: River Cottage Handbook No.5 (Hardcover)
Having moved from the North Island to the Isle of Wight a few years ago I decided to buy a couple of books to make my walks along the shore more interesting. This book was actually bought for me by my partner and supplements my tiny foraging library really well. The author appears to have great knowledge of the rules and regulations as well as the subject matter itself. I also enjoy the light hearted way he writes, something that makes the more tedious sections of the book (laws) bearable

5.0 out of 5 stars Three cheers for River Cottage, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Edible Seashore: River Cottage Handbook No.5 (Hardcover)
When I don't know what to buy my daughter River Cottage is always a good choice. I shall buy more.

5.0 out of 5 stars It did what it said on the can..........., 5 Nov 2013
This review is from: Edible Seashore: River Cottage Handbook No.5 (Hardcover)
Met and exceeded expectations.
Hints have already been dropped by friends and family for their birthday "surprises"........ As an added bonus its proved to be a great coffee table book which has not failed to be picked up and scanned by everyone whose seen it.

5.0 out of 5 stars as a present, 30 Oct 2013
This review is from: Edible Seashore: River Cottage Handbook No.5 (Hardcover)
this was a perfect present to introduce friends to the sea food and sea vegetables super food

great choice fast shipment

4.0 out of 5 stars Its amazing what free food is out there., 23 Sep 2013
This review is from: Edible Seashore: River Cottage Handbook No.5 (Hardcover)
This book inspired me to go out and find more to scavenge. We already eat crabs and lobsters either caught in a pot or wheedled out of deep rock pools. I already forage for fruits anyway. This has inspired me to get razor clams, some seaweed and samphire.

5.0 out of 5 stars excelent reading, 15 Sep 2013
This review is from: Edible Seashore: River Cottage Handbook No.5 (Hardcover)
I fall in love with this book. I bought this book after watching tv programm :"River Cottage" . I m avid spearfishermen ,well from different seashores, but i found this book very informative and correct. Excellent reading .

5.0 out of 5 stars read it, try it, enjoy it, 12 July 2013
This review is from: Edible Seashore: River Cottage Handbook No.5 (Hardcover)
This book is phenomenal, thanks to the info in its pages I went to Watergate bay in Cornwall and ended up feeding my 5 friends the one evening and all it cost me was a pack of mackerel from the bait shop. That evening we had two tesco bags full of black mussels, two giant spider crabs and a lovely selection of sea weeds.

5.0 out of 5 stars brill, 7 July 2013
This review is from: Edible Seashore: River Cottage Handbook No.5 (Hardcover)
I bought this for my nephew for our holiday in Cornwall so he could furage and he really loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: Edible Seashore: River Cottage Handbook No.5 (Hardcover)
If you like Hugh and you are interested in finding out what you can and cant eat around the sea shore this is a great book!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›

Edible Seashore: River Cottage Handbook No.5
Edible Seashore: River Cottage Handbook No.5 by John Wright (Hardcover - 4 May 2009)