5.0 out of 5 stars Better quality and value compared to the Adult Edition
Published on 17 Feb 2009 by Jon

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but some caveats
I think most people considering purchasing this set have previously read some or all of the Harry Potter books. So we all like Harry. The question is do we like this set.

Published on 29 Jan 2010 by K. McConville

5.0 out of 5 stars Better quality and value compared to the Adult Edition, 17 Feb 2009
I spent a long time deciding which version of the paperback books to buy (the adult or children editions). Although the front cover art-work on the adult editions is more attractive (to me, as an adult), the print is terrible in comparison (tiny, blocky font on cheaper/rougher paper), and sadly makes the books feel very cheap. I went for the children's edition, and have not regretted it! The books in this edition are set on good quality paper, with a easy-on-the-eye font, and come in a sturdy flip-top cardboard case. Look no further!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to own the full set!, 21 Jan 2008
This review is from: Harry Potter Boxed Set (Adult Edition) (Contains all 7 books in the series) (Hardcover)
Held together in a very nice box, the full set of the adult Harry Potter books are very high quality and well worth the money. These books will last a long time and be enjoyed again and again.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but some caveats, 29 Jan 2010
K. McConville (Trevor, WI) - See all my reviews

I read all the reviews here before I purchased. The comments about the quality of the paper, the binding, the small margins and font, the inconsistencies of the spines and the damage to the slipcase from shipping are all true.

That said, the set is fine.

This is not a set of a special edition or printing. These are the same editions that were recently sold separately to the mass market. The publisher has wrapped them in a slipcase and is selling them as a boxed set. Which is fine.

I would have been happy to pay extra for a boxed set with acid free paper, cloth bindings, etc. but it doesn't exist.

I would recommend purchasing the Bloomsbury Children Edition Boxed Set over this one. The paper and the bindings are the same but the margins and font are larger and there are illustrations (always a nice touch).

While I read and enjoyed the Scholastic editions, I would not recommend them. I was upset to find out they changed the author's language for the U.S. audience. Bad form.

1.0 out of 5 stars Check your Books, 6 Jan 2011
Everyone who has bought this box set needs to check that the books are correct to the covers, as the final book in the set we have received, The Deathly Hallows had the correct cover but was in fact The Half Blood Prince. As the returns policy is only 30 days we are unable to return the set for credit, so just be aware and check!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it, 17 Mar 2010
Joseph Miller - See all my reviews
I am an American, but I prefer the British version of this series, as in my opinion it is what was written. The box set came exactly as pictured and everything was in terrific condition. I would recomend this anytime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set, worth every UK pound., 21 April 2009
I just got it, took 2 weeks but after all I live in Israel so, that's pretty fast for non-express deliver.

I am very perfectionist when it comes to books, and the 2 importent things that I wanted to get from this set was:
1) that books will be in a mint/near-mint condition.
2) That the books are, in fact, the real british version.

This set answers all the above, Not only that each book is in mint/near-mint condition, but the box set is big, strong, and looks really beautiful.

Worth each and every UK pound I paid for it.
Thank you amazon.uk, you are the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boxed Set!, 12 Oct 2011
Jennifer Edwards (Ocean Springs, MS United States) - See all my reviews
We LOVE Harry Potter, and wanted the original British versions. The kids and I were so happy to find it here on Amazon.UK. It arrived in a timely manner, and in perfect shape! They will be very happy Christmas morning!

3.0 out of 5 stars Special Edition HP set, 5 May 2011
L. Wood - See all my reviews
Unfortunately, the packaging of this item was poorly done and the corner of the slipcase was crushed. Amazon was good about crediting me 15% of the price, but I would rather have had undamaged goods. The covers are linen and the pictures are okay, but the page edges aren't gold; which would have made this set stunning. It looks like a matte paint. I'm an avid Harry Potter fan, so had to have this set in the UK version. I will no longer read the Americanized version.

3.0 out of 5 stars nice but still a little bit disappointed, 4 Oct 2007
M. Lebegge (Belgium) - See all my reviews
When I mailed Bloomsbury if ever they would make a special edition of all Harry Potter books, they told me that October 2007 would be the release of a special edition with cloth hard cover and gold gilt (not sure about the word, but it is the gold edge of the paper), so I expected a luxurious edition, which you would expect for 185.

I would have expected better quality paper, heavier paper and smoother, definitely a more firm and heavier hardback, and I have seen better gold gilt as well. You expect book 4, 5, 6 and 7 to be quite heavy, but they aren't.
I did not expect a Pleiade like quality, but at least close to it....

Well, I am a fan, so I keep it....

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 18 Nov 2007
First of all I would just like to point out ho nice it is to have an adult version of an originally children's text: I can read it at the same time as my ten year old daughter and still keep my dignity!

A stunning set of escapist books, that might be slightly hard for readers younger than 9 to digest, but none-the-less brilliant. They combine everything a set of books should have: courage, bravery, kindness, reason, irritation, humour, and of course, and good bad guy (if that makes sense).

I would recommend it to anyone even if they hate reading. It's a great price for the number of time you can read them! (I have read the first one 5 times....need I say more?!)

Harry Potter Boxed Set  (Adult Edition) (Contains all 7 books in the series)
115.00