4.0 out of 5 stars Would you sign The Declaration?
If you haven't yet read one of Gemma Malley's books, you're missing out. Her ideas and view of the future are nothing short of terrifying, and both make for compulsive reading.

The Resistance picks up a short time after The Declaration ends, and this time mainly focuses on Peter rather than Anna. I loved The Declaration, but I enjoyed this sequel more. It's...
Published on 28 April 2009 by Jenny, Wondrous Reads

3.0 out of 5 stars Lack of action, but worth a read
I welcomed being back in Peter and Anna's world, though I have to admit, the pace was a little slow at the beginning of the novel. Unlike 'The Declaration', I wasn't devouring the pages each night! That said, I did enjoy the book (once it got going) and I liked to read events from Peter's perspective. It was interesting to watch how Peter and Anna coped living together...
Published on 23 May 2013 by Lauren24

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than the 1st book, 8 Jan. 2015
I have recently finished reading the Declaration and must admit that I wasn't impressed by it.

Nevertheless, decided to continue reading the story only after looking at the other reviews that said that the 2nd book (the Resistance) is a lot better. I totally agree with it! There was a lot more action and interesting twists that kept me reading. Will continue to the 3rd book.

However, I still prefer the Hunger games and the Divergent series and for their fans would recommend to read the Testing books instead of the Declaration.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great sequel to The Declaration, 17 Dec. 2012
I bought the first book 'The Declaration' because it was on the Kindle Daily Deal, but I enjoyed it so much I bought the next one and then the third! This sequel moves along at a faster pace than the first book, and takes in more of the horror of the outside world and life without death. Anna and Peter have grown up too, though Anna still struggles to escape the years as a Surplus. We find out more about the Resistance and Peter's family, and as with the first book, it raises lots of questions. It's an exciting read and a real page-turner.

5.0 out of 5 stars original, terrifying, moving, 2 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The Resistance (Paperback)
I've read The Declaration and the Resistance and am looking forward to reading the 3rd in the trilogy. I found the plot premise/idea behind these novels terrifying, and the author's storytelling firstclass. The way she handles the terrible moral dilemmas of her imagined world is excellent. I love the character of Jude. As soon as he was introduced, he appealed to me. A fantastic piece of work!

4.0 out of 5 stars Trilogy for Teens, 27 July 2012
This is the first book of a trilogy that you have to read as one text. It has a very good premise where children are surplus to requirements as adults have discovered how to live forever. The characters are clear and has a good female and male lead so boys and girls should like this. The themes are simple and good for discussion. Well written and fast paced so will hold your teen's attention.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wave goodbye to your productivity until you've finished reading!, 5 Sept. 2014
Another amazing book from this immensely talented author. Everything you look for in a great dystopian novel. Danger, gritty bad guys you can really get your teeth into hating, a cause worth fighting for, well rounded and compelling characters. I couldn't put this book down. Is there anything this author cannot write?

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 2 Jan. 2013
A good science fiction read about the invention of a drug that enables people to live forever, and which explores all the difficulties this entails. This is for older children really, but this adult enjoyed it too, and I look forward to following the characters in the last book of the trilogy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great, 9 Feb. 2013
This dystopian series is brilliant, you dont want to miss it I am so glad I choose to read it. This is the second book in the series, it is well written and just a perfect dystopian novel, if you enjoyed The 'hunger games', 'Divergent', 'Delirium' or 'The maze runner' you will love this

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 8 Nov. 2013
S. Wood - See all my reviews
What a fantastic book. Hooked from the first page. Had thoroughly enjoyed the first book and couldn't wait to read the second. Downloaded immediately on to the kindle as soon as the first book was finished. Wasn't disappointed, looking forward to the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good read., 10 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Resistance (Hardcover)
This book was very nice to read, the story was really a page turner, making me finish the book in just one sitting.
The characters were lovely, even though at times did seem a little young.
Will definitely read more books from this author in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars 'The Resistance' by Gemma Malley., 30 Jan. 2013
I really enjoyed this novel with it's unusual slant on future population control.It was well written and kept my interest throughout. I am looking forward to reading the sequel which is testement to its ability to entertain the reader. Well done Ms Malley.

The Resistance
The Resistance by Gemma Malley (Paperback - 4 May 2009)
Used & New from: £0.01