5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!
After buying this book for friends' kids aged 3 and 4, I bought this for some older kids (age 7 and 9). But then I thought that they were too old for it. I shouldn't have worried.

The kids loved it and and competed to see how many poems they could recite on their own. And by the end of the week we were ALL saying "Don't! Don't! Don't do that!"...
Published on 3 Sept. 2008 by A. Dombey

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sure
I'm not sure about this book for the age group it seems to be targeted for.
I bought it for my grandson, a bright and imaginative 5 year old, and luckily I read it beforehand.
Many of the poems are very "dark" and scary, intentionally so, and for a sensitive child quite frightening.
I decided to keep it for a while until he might grow into it!
Some...
Published on 8 Feb. 2009 by M. A. Dineley

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 11 April 2013
This review is from: Mustard, Custard, Grumble Belly and Gravy (Bloomsbury Paperbacks) (Paperback)
Bought this for my 5 year old grandson and he loves it. Was delighted when he discovered it has a cd too which is ideal for him to listen to in the car.

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael Rosen's Mustard, Custard, Grumble Belly and Gravy, 4 Jan. 2013
I gave this to my six and-a-half-year-old grandson for Christmas. He has other Michael Rosen books and I am sure he will enjoy reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars a favourite with my children, 2 Nov. 2014
Michael Rosen, a favourite with my children, purchased this for a grandchild, one of the few Rosen books we do not have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 27 Dec. 2014
How many more times can I read this to my obsessed grandson LOL !! It is rhythmical and fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant collection of poetry for children and adults who remember being children!, 15 Mar. 2013
Mrs. J. A. Dervish "Josephine" (Woburn Sands, UK) - See all my reviews
I teach poetry to primary age kids and this, along with Michael Rosen's other works makes my job so much easier and more fun. The children literally beg for Mr Rosen's poems. He has the ability to speak as an adult to children without talking down or patronising in any way. His poem's are sometimes fantastical, often about ever day events that children can really relate to. All written with tenderness, comic timing (these are SO good spoken aloud), humour and elf-deprecation. Can't recommend these books highly enough, particularly if you have a reluctant reader.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 28 Dec. 2014
Good fun, the 4yr old grand children loved it

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Oct. 2014
my class love this

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Aug. 2014
Excellent book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for young & big kids alike, 19 Nov. 2013
This is just brilliant. The whole family love it, from my youngest, who is 2, up to us parents. It's great and we love the audio CD that comes with it, it really brings the poems to life.

It's a great way of getting your children to engage with language. My 4 yr old likes memorising the poems and also coming up with her own little rhymes. Lost of fun and great for learning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 11 Jan. 2013
Such a wonderful book. Our family got it out of the library but then we decided to buy it because we wanted to keep it. Our children are 4 and 2 years old - and although it's probably aimed at much older children, they still think the poems are really funny. My favourite is 'Don't Do That'. Comes with a CD of the author reading the poems - we all love listening to it.

Mustard, Custard, Grumble Belly and Gravy (Bloomsbury Paperbacks)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available