5.0 out of 5 stars Knitting and the seaside
Published on 4 Aug 2008 by Damaskcat

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit drawn out and boring storyline
Book started out okay but then I found it got a bit boring, much the same stuff. Put the book down and then months later picked it up and took the shortcut to the end which was as predicted. Put me off reading another by this author.
Published 16 months ago by Freda Livery

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Knitting and the seaside, 4 Aug 2008
Damaskcat (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Needles and Pearls (Paperback)
This book is a sequel to Divas Don't Knit but can be read on its own. Jo is building up her Gran's woolshop by holding knitting groups and classes. The publicity given to the shop by Grace, the Diva of the first book, helps to put the shop on the map. The characters are warm and realistic; there's Gran and Reg, Jo's feisty friend Ellen, grumpy Elsie from the shop and Martin her son who's the man you need if you've got any jobs which need doing about the house, Jo's sons - Jack and Archie and her mother-in-law from hell who cannot understand Jo has a life to live now her husband's dead. Funny and sad this is a feel good book and an ideal holiday read. Knitters and non-knitters alike will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pearl's a winner, 28 Aug 2008
Ms. S. M. Richards "Efrogwraig" (Sheffield) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Needles and Pearls (Paperback)
Waited eagerly for this and like everyone else I wasn't disappointed. Read it quickly to find out what happened next then slowed down as I didn't want to finish it! There had better be a third instalment.
Only gripe, why not put a few patterns in the back - cupcakes, blowsy women swimmers - they sounded great. Or even bring out a Divas don't Knit, knitting book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read!, 20 Aug 2008
Sophie Bevan (Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Needles and Pearls (Paperback)
This is the sequel to "Divas Don't Knit" which I enjoyed enormously. As ever, I was a bit worried that the sequel wouldn't be any good, but it's brilliant, I'm enjoying it just as much as I enjoyed the first.
The characters are all very entertaining and believable; it's very lighthearted yet being a Mum myself to 2 kids I can identify with a lot of the situations. I even found myself laughing out loud over certain scenes in the book - something that doesn't happen very often.
Even if you're not into knitting (which I'm not) you'll still enjoy this book and fall in love with all the characters as I did. I can't wait to see whether there'll be another in this series, it would make my day!
Definitely worth buying, I read it in under 24 hours and with 2 small kids that was no mean feat, but I enjoyed it that much!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bravo, 8 Aug 2008
R. Hamilton "oboab" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Needles and Pearls (Paperback)
After having bought'Divas don't knit' to read on holiday in March, my partnercouldn't wait for the sequel and she was not disappointed.

This book made her laugh, cry, broody, and wish for a gadget that would let her finish it in peace and get on with her own knitting.

Can't wait for the next instalment - there is going to be one, isn't there? Please?

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 16 Sep 2008
This review is from: Needles and Pearls (Paperback)
I loved this novel. I actually bought 2 copies of it as I had visions of me & my mother fighting over who was going to read it first! Please can we have another sequel book to it! I do agree with a another reviewer that it would be nice to have a couple of patterns in the back of the book. Also, a separate book of actual knitting patterns would be a great idea - even though I am not a knitter. However, the way Gil McNeil writes, would make 1 want to take up knitting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Needles and Pearls, 8 Mar 2009
This review is from: Needles and Pearls (Paperback)
Written with plenty humor, you believe it could have happened. read it in one long sitting and am pining for more!

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyed it very much, 23 May 2014
I particularly liked the knitting theme and the fact that the downtrodden hero is vindicated. Also a certain escapism for Kent was keeping me intersted

4.0 out of 5 stars a good read, 11 May 2014
downloaded this whilst i was off sick & feeling sorry for myself. perfect for curling up on the sofa with. a warm, gentle read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 30 April 2014
Wanted to read the second instalment and was not disappointed. Hope there is going to be a third book in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars sequel needed, 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: Needles and Pearls (Paperback)
loved how this book followed on immediately after the original. love how it's written without 'sensationalism' just good writing that makes you keep turning the pages and wishing for another follow on

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Needles and Pearls
Needles and Pearls by Gil McNeil (Paperback - 4 Aug 2008)
8.99