4.0 out of 5 stars Decent book!
Published on 7 Feb. 2011 by Master Butler

2.0 out of 5 stars okk. but for pre - teens
i got the book thinking it would be really fun and interesting, however definitely only for 9-12. If i was younger i would love it but way to silly for a 15 year- like make ur own badge and greeting card. which is pretty naff.
Published on 2 Feb. 2012 by lakes

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent book!, 7 Feb. 2011
This review is from: 101 Things to Do Before You're Old and Boring (Paperback)
I am 16 and fancied having one of these books to see what they are like, most of the things in the book are a bit to young for me, like "make you own secret code", i would've LOVED doing that when i was younger, but also there are some interesting ones that ive done for example i have started to "grow my own tree" so i can climb it when i am an adult, thought that one was kind of cool. Overall its a great book for younger kids say 9-12, but anything older and some of the things are a bit childish.

2.0 out of 5 stars okk. but for pre - teens, 2 Feb. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Teens Read Too, 14 Oct. 2006
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
As soon as I read the title of this book, I wanted a copy. Then when I got a copy, I started worrying that I was one of those old and boring people. After all, I'm thirty-one, which isn't as old as, say, Methuselah, but isn't as young as any of those cuties on Dawson's Creek, either. But then I decided I'll probably always be young at heart (which basically means I'll be wrinkled and totally gray, and yet still want to learn to skydive), so this book could be a great guide to see what I've accomplished.

According to Mr. Horne and Ms. Szirtes, there are one-hundred-and-one things everyone should do to keep their life fun and interesting--and to keep you from being old and boring.

What's great about 101 THINGS TO DO BEFORE YOU'RE OLD AND BORING is that it doesn't just list what you should do; it gives you helpful hints and tips on how to accomplish the goal. It also provides Achievement Stars to mark that you've completed the task, when and where you accomplished it, and, in some cases, a place to rate your fear factor about doing it.

A great book, for teens and adults alike. Order your copy today!

Reviewed by: Jennifer Wardrip, aka "The Genius"

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 6 Oct. 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: 101 Things to Do Before You're Old and Boring (Paperback)
I was given a copy of Horne's last book, 101 Things to Do Before You Die, and it was a brilliantly designed and witty treat. Now I've found this new book is for kids and it's just as good. Every child I know would love this; perfect gift. It's interactive which they'll love as it makes the book their own, and filled with new activities that they may not have though of yet, like learning to operate as a spy and building things. Now that they've taken Why Don't You... off the air, kids need an incentive. It's funny too, and filled with facts and cute details. I'm giving it to all my friends' kids this Christmas. And as for the adults - they'll be jealously going through the book and thinking about boring childhood they had!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 7 Oct. 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: 101 Things to Do Before You're Old and Boring (Paperback)
This book is brilliant - so many fantastic and original ideas to entertain you on a dull day. The illustrations are great and although meant for younger people, it is also inspiring for those of us who are already well on the way to be being old and boring.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, but definitely not for adults, 3 Jan. 2008
This review is from: 101 Things to Do Before You're Old and Boring (Paperback)
I was given this book as a 25th birthday present by a good friend of mine. Having sat down and read through most of it, whilst I can imagine it would be exciting and interesting for children, this book definitely isnt made for today's adult. Of course, this is no reason to criticise the book, however, it is questionable how clearly the book's cover conveys that anyone over 12 would find it dull and patronising.

All in all, it definitely wasn't for me, and is now collecting dust on my shelf...however, if you know any 9 year old girls, i'm sure it would make the perfect present!

3.0 out of 5 stars For youngsters, 26 July 2010
This review is from: 101 Things to Do Before You're Old and Boring (Paperback)
I read about this book in a magazine for the 'over 50's' so thought it might be good for a rising 63 year old, but in my opinion, it is directed at young people, so I've 'passed it on'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good Book, 3 April 2013
This review is from: 101 Things to Do Before You're Old and Boring (Paperback)
I bought mine from Cosmo books,who gave me a wide delivery time but there was a problem as it hadn't come.Anyway,I contacted the seller and they were very polite and told me exactly what was happening.The book came in the post a few days later and it was in very good condition for the price and how long it had been traveling. I would recommend this seller but only once they have sorted their Currier system!

Anyway,the book was really good, perhaps a little young but I also bought the "101 Things to Do Before you Die" and together they are books to treasurer through out the years.

5.0 out of 5 stars MIND BLOWING!, 30 April 2008
L. Remzi "Morganr101" (United Kingdom,) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 101 Things to Do Before You're Old and Boring (Paperback)
This book is incredible, my mum keeps trying to steal it off me!
So far ive only done 5 of the 101 things to do, as some take time. At the minute i am doing "Give up junk food for a week plus!" Its alot harder than it sounds, theres also give up tele for a week and and ur phone. Ideas like run up an escalator when ur ment to be going down, (got chucked out of westfield in derby for that one!) its truly brilliant PLUS only £3!!
Go on what u got to lose?

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for anyone who DOES things, 13 Jun. 2009
This review is from: 101 Things to Do Before You're Old and Boring (Paperback)
This book is ideal for all ages (even adults who are young at heart) to do and record activities....some out of the ordinary but all lots of fun!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

101 Things to Do Before You're Old and Boring
101 Things to Do Before You're Old and Boring by Helen Szirtes (Paperback - 3 Oct. 2005)