5.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading!, 9 Jan 2007
This review is from: The Best Friends' Guide to Getting Your Life Back (Paperback)
Having read all of Vicki Iovine's books as I went through 2 pregnancies and now my eldest is a toddler (yes, those terrible two's are definitely here) I thought I would like to "get my life back" and needed a guide to do it and here it is! Vicki once again gives us the reassurance that we need about looking after our darling babies (and she has had 4, so she definitely knows what she is talking about) and trying to get some time to look after ourselves - I was relieved to read that she can shower, shave and wash her hair all within 4 minutes - my experience exactly, while her husband of course never gets interrupted during his 30 minute shower - my husband too - it is also reassuring to know that that you aren't the only mother who is up during the night with a feverish child while the beloved father snores the night away - parents really are wired differently, with the mother being firefighter, friend, nurse, "kleenex" as Vicki states (so true!) and so many other things rolled into one! I'm looking forward to her telling us about teenagers and how to deal with them, although my two are a little further away from it than hers (although the terrible two's are slightly reminiscent of teenagerhood, I think!). Thanks again for all your help in enlightening us, Vicki!

4.0 out of 5 stars Getting your life back, 8 Jan 2011
This book is perfect for a laugh and great for passing on to friends who need a laugh.
It is very fun & witty; an easy read.

The Best Friends' Guide to Getting Your Life Back
The Best Friends' Guide to Getting Your Life Back by Vicki Iovine (Paperback - 14 Feb 2005)