5.0 out of 5 stars Pee-Pee in my Bed
I swear to God, I actually was physcially sick I laughed so hard. Reading this on the train, I got the impression that people thought i was a lunatic, one guy even moved to the other side of the train. I followed him.

Published on 7 Sep 2006 by M. Bennie

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear
I really enjoyed Dom Joly's book about searching for Bigfoot and other monsters but couldn't get into this pastiche of an autobiography at all and it's now headed for the charity shop. It was, to my mind, silly rather than funny and I expected more from this intelligent quirky man.
Published 2 months ago by C. Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars Pee-Pee in my Bed, 7 Sep 2006
M. Bennie (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Look at ME, Look at ME! (Paperback)

This book is kind of like Baron Munchausen, but really nothing like it. I just wanted to say the phrase Baron Munchausen. Honestly, if you're looking for a good read, then pick up this book. What are you doing still reading this? Read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 14 Aug 2005
I like to start this review by saying that this is easily the funniest book I have ever read, one of the funniest things I have ever encountered, and Dom Joly is certainly one of the funniest men on the planet.
This book follows the made-up life of Dom Joly, the life we can only presume he wished he had had. It's although he was on some kind of mind-altering drug for the entirety. From the first page to the last, this is a an amazingly funny book, with laugh out loud moments around every 20 seconds. If you have any sense of humour at all, then this book is for you. You won't be able to control yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dom Joly is one of the funniest, most clever comedians in the world, 9 Sep 2007
D. Howard "DeltaHotel" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Look at Me, Look at Me is a fantastically funny journey through the surreal life of the very talented, unique comedical entity that is Dom Joly. When reading it on the train I couldn't stop laughing out loud (constantly from cover to cover) - people looked at me like I was slightly mad but I just didn't care because it was so funny. From his talking dog to being an EU Cultural Attache in Prague to fifty foot chickens Dom Joly has expertly written his autobiography and I cannot recommend it highly enough! Buy it today it will be one of the most entertaining and 'unputdownable' books you ever buy. Genius.

Dan, 22 from N.W London

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear, 27 April 2014
C. Davis - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapoining, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: Look at ME, Look at ME! (Paperback)
After reading the positive reviews I thought I would give this book a go as I am a huge fan of Dom's TV shows, however I was very disappointed the book was no where near as funny as Dom's TV shows, there where no laugh out loud moments at all in this book I did find some of the stories slightly amusing but that was mostly because of how strange and imaginative they are. The only positive thing about this book is that it is at least entertaining and not boring like a lot of celebrity books, Dom does have a great imagination however reading about everything going oddly wrong in his 'life' over and over does get a bit repetitive. If you are looking for a funny mock autobiography I would suggest Alan Partridge: I, Partridge which is hilarious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Noty Sure How Much is True!, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Look at ME, Look at ME! (Paperback)
Its a good book, but id take some of the stories with a pinch of salt.
But it was good enough for me to buy another of his books!

4.0 out of 5 stars The first three quarters - genius. The last quarter - pretty good., 25 July 2012
This review is from: Look at ME, Look at ME! (Paperback)
I got the unabridged audio version of this and listened to it on my walks to and from the gym. I've got some bad boy headphones and because I wear baggy joggers and gym-tees, people probably assume that I'm giving myself some aural treats along the lines of Stoke Newington urban grime choons, or some such. Judgemental heathens! Anyway, the audio made me laugh many, many times on those lovely summer strolls, and I attracted a lot of perplexed looks from people who didn't think DJ Cooly and Dem Battycrease could be so amusing.

Maybe the audio version is funnier because the man himself reads it, and reads it so well. I loved Arthur the talking dog, but his character development summed up the book for me - hilarious for the first 75%, and just funny for the rest. That's my only criticism, and really it's not even a criticism, as if the book sustained its level of hilarity throughout then it would probably be too funny.

Dom - you the man!

4.0 out of 5 stars Joly good banter, 30 Dec 2007
I bought this expecting a humorous autobiography written by a man with quite an interesting backstory, what I got was the latest Flashman book written by Baron Munchhausen. Joly opts somewhat originally to take a few facts from his life and spice em up a bit...well, actually quite a lot. Its a refreshing angle and very funny for a while because you have to pick out the bits of truth from the mass of complete lies. At the end of the day this is a work of fiction, which is probably the case with most biographies anyway. If you like Jolys way of looking at life you will like this.

4.0 out of 5 stars more entertaining than funny, 4 Sep 2006
This review is from: Look at ME, Look at ME! (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book although i do feel that it is more entertaining than funny. In fact it is very entertaining and there are loads of classic moments, its just that i find the first 50 pages or so funnier than the rest of the book. Its fairly short but this is certainly made up for with all the events that happen throughout. Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars An autobiography of a real human being, 12 Jun 2005
Many reviews have been written about this autobiography and many of them appear unfairly negative, but there is much more to Dom Joly that comes form this autobiography than a guy with an ego who did "Trigger Happy TV. There is a deeply human and sensitive side to him which pours out from the pages. . . He buys a lovely house in the Cotswolds, is not accepted by the locals in the pub and later his girlfriend leaves him and later when his world is collapsing around him and he says "I wasn't a bad man, I didn't deserve this. Or maybe I did" You can feel what he was going through, sense the pathos. I would say read this as an autobiography of a human being more than the guy who had a hit TV series with "Trigger Happy TV"

Look at ME, Look at ME!
Look at ME, Look at ME! by Dom Joly (Paperback - 3 Oct 2005)
6.22