Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 September 2004
Isabel Losada's books are a fabulous reading experience on many levels. Perhaps disappointingly for the author, I felt that the true star of both books is Ms Losada herself. Yes, we are fascinated by her hilarious adventures in the world of alternative therapies. Yes, we do feel right alongside her for the tragedy of Tibet, and yes we are inspired to let more than a little of her altruistic fervour course through our jaded veins. However most enchanting of all is the unpretentious insights we are afforded into her character and take on life. For Ms Losada her audience is not there to lecture, preach to or be adored by. Rather, we are universally and unhesitatingly adopted as best intimate and cherished friends over a glass of rather fine wine at the local winebar. Who could refuse? In return for our willing company Ms Losada entertains us, makes us laugh, trusts us with her endearingly human trials and tribulations. By example rather than direct instruction she persuades us to see the marvellous, the inspiring, the beautiful in everything and everybody with our feet firmly on the tarmac - be it in Battersea or anywhere else. She even falls just short of persuading me to renew acquaintance with my bicycle and brave London's expletive-spewing white vans and murderous buses, so that I too can indulge my addiction to Starbucks with her nonchalance. Buy, read and enjoy: it's not often that reality is more enjoyable than fiction. Pray that Ms Losada goes on many more adventures soon and get your glasses ready!
on 15 July 2006
Fascinating, funny and uplifting, this is an essential book for anyone who, like the author, has a deep desire to do something to change our world. It's a perfect example of how huge and daunting this task seems to be with the stubbornness of certain governments and endless complications, but that ultimately the most effective achievemnents come from the heart and require a bit of courage, daring and determination. It's also a comprehensible and interesting insight into the world of Tibetan Buddhism and Tibet itself, the very qualities of which (honesty, compassion and joyfulness) shine from each page. Isabel Losada is a true inspiration and example of how dedication,love, and a big ol' smile go a long, long way.
on 15 July 2004
Isabel Losada has succeeded here where a lot of the worlds greatest political leaders have failed. Isabel makes it easy to comprehend with clarity and simplicity the apalling Human Rights problems still facing Tibet both inside and outside, now in the 21st century. She does not fail to insert her own human fraility whilst undertaking a personal journey from which, she emerges a different person. Her book has had a profound 'wake up call' effect on me and I defy anyone to read it and not make something of journey for themselves, for Tibet, for Love and for Compassion.
on 2 June 2004
If you are at all interested in making a difference to the world then this book is for you. As Isabel explores the ongoing problems of China and Tibet the reader is introduced not only to the issues but also how frustrating it can be to try to help.
In addition to giving an insight on the highs and lows of campaigning, Isabel also gives useful background information on the whole sorry mess that is Tibet. I was reasonably clued up on these issues but I still found this useful. I don't want to say too much about the content as I think it would ruin the experience of reading, so my advice is buy it!
Although this book is concerned with one issue, it is valuable reading for anyone who wants to make their voice heard. One of the most important lessons is Don't Give Up! Throughout her many frustrations Isabel comes across as a positive energetic person. Her writing style is easy and humorous and the book really is a joy to read. On the basis of this book I'll definitely be reading more of her work.
on 3 June 2004
I have just finished reading "For Tibet with Love" and Isabel's story has both touched and inspired me. It was an absolute delight to read and I was so engrossed that I found myself not wanting it to end and was totally inspired by her journey.
What I liked most is the examination of all sides of the Tibet situation so as not to present a biased view and I plan to read more about it thanks to the great start this book has given me. Also the humour was well received, as the gift of laugher is one of the greatest gifts of all, especially in times like these.
Isabel Losada has a tremendous talent as a storyteller and having read this book I feel like I have been to Tibet and back, shared the frustration and the joy of her journey, and perhaps, in my own small way, have already made a difference to the world.
on 8 June 2004
I really enjoyed reading this wonderful book. Isabel Losada has a natural gift for bringing her experiences vividly to life and taking the reader along with her on the journey, every step of the way. Her account is brave, sad, funny, moving and always so real and I didn't want the book to end. It is invaluable for bringing the issue of Tibet to a wide audience and inspiring action in practical ways but it is also an unputdownable read from beginning to end. Everyone she meets along the way is brought to life with such care that I really felt as though I had met them myself. When she finally meets the Dalai Lama I felt that, for a moment I had been close to him too. It's a great book that needs to be read but you will also enjoy it immensely.
on 18 July 2004
A wonderfully refreshing book, which is easy to read and immensely enjoyable on many levels. Enough said - oh, and you don't have to have any particular interests in Tibet (but I will be surprised if you don't afterwards).
on 29 June 2005
A little story:
I was browsing through a bookshop in Cavan, Ireland one day last year when i picked up this book. I almost felt drawn towards it. (have you ever picked up a book and felt that way?) anyway i bought it and brought it home, when i finished reading it, i just sat back and thought, 'every book should be like this!'
It is one of the best book i have ever read, i seriously cannot express how much i love it!
I love the way it is written, the stories, the focus, and most of all the passion and heart with which it was written.
And all that was packed into one book sitting in a bookstore in Cavan, Ireland which happened to be the book i picked up.
If there is any sense of humanity/love within your heart then you will love this book... however if you are cold hearted with no care for anyone but yourself, you should also buy this book and i guarantee by the end of it, it will have touched your heart in such a way that you will never feel the same ever again.
(Message to author: No matter how many copies you've sold, your book deserves way more attention. You are a fantastic and brilliant human being
on 27 July 2004
I loved Isabel's book "the Battersea Park Road to Enlightenment" so I looked forward to the arrival of her latest piece of work, especially as it touches a cause that is so intriguing. The new book lived up to my high expectations. Her wonderful sense of humour draws you into the book so that you just keep on wanting to read more and more and follow her on her journey every step of the way. It is a book about Tibet but also much much more. It really does move you to see what one person can achieve when they set their heart on it.
on 28 July 2005
Isabel Losada has succeeded here where a lot of the world's greatest political leaders have failed. Isabel makes it easy to comprehend with clarity and simplicity the appalling human rights problems still facing Tibet in the 21st Century. She doesn't fail to insert her own human frailty whilst undertaking a personal journey from which she will emerge a different person. Her book has had a profound 'wake up call' effect on me and I defy anyone to read it and not make a journey for themselves for Tibet, for Love and for Compassion.