1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars The Three Grumpies, 3 Nov 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: The Three Grumpies (Hardcover)
The Three Grumpies is a book about a little girl who is having a terrible day. In fact as adults I am sure we can relate to this, who out of us has not had a day where everything we say, do or touch goes wrong. Yes it is "one of those days". I also think we can learn from the moral of this book.
The book is also illustrated well, with wonderful colours that bring the story to life. I love the illustrations of Grumpy, Grumpier and Grumpiest. The various expressions on the little girls face made me laugh. But I think my favourite page is as the little girl waves the Grumpies goodbye.
From the moment she get's out of bed (figuratively on the wrong side), she knows the Grumpies are in residence. The day does not improve, from misadventure in the kitchen, accidents on the way to school and even at play. Things go from bad to worse. While she gets crosser by the minute. The crosser she gets the more the Grumpies smile. Finally after trying various methods to get rid of them, from ignoring them, to telling them to go away and not succeding. The little girl then decides to just smile and laugh at them.
At last success as the Grumpies start to look very worried, until with a brilliant smile she happily waves them out of the door. Goodbye Grumpies!
My son who is four thought this book was great and fun to look at. He also enjoyed listening to the story. It is on it's way to becoming a favourite, as he requests it again and again.
It is a book we would reccomend as an addition to anybodies bookcase, with children of this age.

The Three Grumpies
The Three Grumpies by Tamra Wight (Paperback - 2 May 2005)
5.61