Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 October 2009
this book has fantastic insights and I feel every budding teenager should have access to this sort of guide to growing up (but don't tell them that is what it is). We had read Holes already, so it was like putting on a pair of old slippers, I don't know how the book would read without the prior knowledge, probably not the same impact, and impact is what it is all about with Louis Sachar books.
on 4 May 2009
Louis Sachar has written a tongue in cheek spoof 'guide' to surviving the harsh regime of Camp Green Lake; the juvenile correction centre that features in his classic novel 'Holes'. This will only make sense to you if you've read 'Holes', but if you have it's well worth getting.
on 2 February 2015
Funny, user friendly and short enough to be a quick read, this book is a perfect tie in to the original 'Holes' book and made me laugh a lot! It also ties off the stories of the various characters, which is great, and has some 'quizzes' which are funny.
on 16 March 2014
I really enjoy this book on kindle, read it all day and enjoyed every second. Would only make sence if you read 'holes' book before reading this. Is my favorie book and recomended by me and people of my age (11).
:')
on 15 October 2015
Much thinner book than I exoected. My fault I should have checked on the number of pages. However look very good in terms if non damage. I would have said hardly used. Slight fading on pages that us all
on 11 January 2015
A amazing book only 4 stars because it's too short but overall good book recommend reading it and reading holes too so you know more of the story and what he means In the book.
on 30 September 2014
This is a very good book but I would recommend reading holes by sachar first and small steps for it to completely hook. Still a good and easy read book.
on 2 January 2015
I loved this book it was extremely good and i do suggest buying it and if you do go to camp green lake then this guide is going to be very useful.
on 5 November 2003
To be or not to be that is the question?
Louis sachar has let people down with this book it is still worth a read but nothing compared to holes.
There were a lot of changes in the film to what was in the book but this is different again there are only small changes but to someone who likes holes you can only find the diffrences.
i also wrote a review for holes and gave it five stars but this i can only give three.
this was rather dissapointing.
on 26 September 2014
This is a great follow up from holes and I would deffinetly recommend it to anyone who had read holes