Format: Hardcover|Change

on 25 April 2004
This delightful and pointless romp through nothing has me laughing thesecond I open the cover.. wonderfully random
on 26 May 2013
www.xgobookyourselfx.blogspot.com

A seemingly random series of unrelated events: A man missing his artificial limb, ghosts, suicide and black umbrella's.

I read it, I didn't get it. I read it again, I still didn't get it. I read it 5 more times and guess what? I still didn't get it. I feel like I'm missing some inside joke that everyone but me understands!

It reminds me of that episode of "Malcolm in the Middle" where Francis stares at the totem pole for days trying to figure out what it means.

The pen and ink drawings are just as appealing but this story lacks the droll humour that usually features in his stories.

www.xgobookyourselfx.blogspot.com
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 22 October 2014
Not laugh-out-loud hilarious (although I loved His Lordship presenting the Throbblefoot Spectre with a piece of string - cue a picture of the ghost making a cat's cradle!)
This is a short work, with three illustrations per page, surely a take-off of Japanese haiku. With such obscure and meaningless lines as:
"At twilight, however, no message had come from the asylum,
so the others retired to the kiosk,
only to discover the cakes iced a peculiar shade of green."
Wonderful b/w illustrations as ever.
on 23 October 2008
brilliantly odd.
cheap enough to buy as a random gift and make people smile!
on 1 April 2012
Very intresting take on a short story. It leaves you thinking and poses more questions than it answers.
It is open to interpretation..
on 5 November 2011
Have ordered several of this authors books. They are very amusing and cleverly written! Right up my street in terms of sense of humour!!
on 26 May 2004
This nifty book defies summarization. Traipsing along through 30 pages of illustrations and text, the story draws the reader along a whimsically surreal story, where each event leads inexorably to the next completely unconnected event! The illustrations are black-and-white, stark like the text, reminding one of the whimsical images that featured at the beginning of PBS's mystery show. This book is not to be taken too seriously, but is also not to be missed; it is an enchanting book.This nifty book defies summarization. Traipsing along through 30 pages of illustrations and text, the story draws the reader along a whimsically surreal story, where each event leads inexorably to the next completely unconnected event! The illustrations are black-and-white, stark like the text, reminding one of the whimsical images that featured at the beginning of PBS's mystery show. This book is not to be taken too seriously, but is also not to be missed; it is an enchanting book.
on 14 March 2015