1,881 Reviews
 (1,601)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable little tale!
I've dug my heels in for years now over reading or watching anything Harry Potter, but finally decided to give it a go...

Despite being sceptical, I've got to admit (and eat my own words!) it's actually fairly enjoyable. The characters are all unique, there's a definitely feeling of innocence, fun and humour; and the basic concept of good versus evil (and...
Published 23 months ago by Rory Q

3.0 out of 5 stars Obviously a brilliant read, so I'd give it 5 stars but ...
Obviously a brilliant read, so I'd give it 5 stars but it does annoy me that for a children's book, there is no option to buy the Harry Potter series in bigger print, with pictures or even on CD (at a reasonable price). My son is dyslexic and would love to be able to attempt to read this, but gets muddles too quickly, sore eyes and a headache. So it's now down to me to...
Published 6 hours ago by lovemykids

‹ Previous | 1165 166 167189 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Harry Potter Book 1, 6 Jan. 2011
This was a present for my Granddaughter so I haven't read it myself but she is enjoying it. It did not arrive on time but this was down to the postal service/weather so no fault of supplier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hannah Whitelegge,Manchester thinks J.K.Rowling is the best., 19 Aug. 1999
By A Customer
Harry Potter and The Philosopher's stone was very exciting and it left you in suspense for the next chapter and then when I finally finished the book I was so eager to read the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really groovy,wow fab book., 17 July 1999
By A Customer
This book is a brilliant book. I cried when I read the end. I read it for one day solid and fell asleep as soon as I finished it. I really enjoyed it and I will read it again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book ever!, 16 May 1999
By A Customer
You should really read the rest of J.K. Rowlings books! they are great! My teacher has read both of the books! and you should too. This is a exciting wonderful book. Hope ya enjoy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots better than it looks......., 18 April 1999
By A Customer
You would think that this book would be bad, I mean who has the name Harry? But, I read it any way. Wow!!! I really recomend this book to any one of ALL ages. You will love it!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 14 Jan. 2001
By A Customer
This book is really great with a mixture of fantasy and reality. it is the best in the series as I found because the first two are fine but the last two aren't really all that good!

5.0 out of 5 stars wow!, 24 Mar. 2000
By A Customer
there was loads a hype about this book , so I thought I'd give it a whirl, and it was worth it.Its brilliant.She's an excellent author and I'm going straight out to by the next ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars JK Rowling at her best !, 17 Feb. 2000
By A Customer
I have only 4 words to describe this book - Brilliant, just sheer magic.....I enjoyed this book throughout reading it...once I picked it up I just couldnt put it down until the end !

5.0 out of 5 stars Execllent The most imaginative book ever written, 21 July 1999
By A Customer
I loved this book. I never read better. I liked how Harry Hermoine and Ron all worked together to solve the mystery. My favorite character was Hagrid though. I thought he was funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Harry Potter books, 22 Nov. 1998
By A Customer
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets was an outstanding book!!! Reading it made you feel as if you were there with Harry at Hogwarts. There must have been a lot of effort put into that book and I think it deserves every award it gets. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets was just as good! I just hope J.K.Rowling considers writing another one.

‹ Previous | 1165 166 167189 | Next ›

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J. K. Rowling (Paperback - 8 Oct. 2001)
Used & New from: £0.01