4.7 out of 5 stars2,322

on 2 January 2000
Do you ever get board, becuase you have nothing to do? Now you have something to do! Harry Potter will make it seem as though you don't know what boardum is like! Once you get hooked, you can't get unhooked, Harry Potter is one of the most interesting books you will ever read. Learn how he lived with his horrible aunt and uncle, and how they treated Harry. Then learn how his life started at Hogwarts School of witchcratf and wizardry. His adventures are unforgetable! See how he deals with his enemies, and friends. Learn what kind of silly mistakes people make, without noticing it. Get Harry Potter, and you'll feel like you're going on his adventures, too!
on 19 August 2000
I haven't been able to put the book down. I am 18 years old now and I used to wonder if I was too old to read it. But I dismissed this thought immediately when I began the first chapter. The Harry Potter books can indeed widen the imagination of children and every person who reads them. The school life at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry creats a magical picture which still stay forever in children's mind. It does not only tell us about magic, but also shows us different ways to solve problems. You can learn from every character - Harry, Ron, Hermione, even the Weasley twins. Read it with your heart and imagination, and you will see magic.
on 21 October 1999
This is one fantabulo book. The writing is so sly and grabs you by the horns. The facts about Harry's bedroom are disclosed only as necessary,for example, and when you finally read the salient truth, you are astounded at just how selfish the Dursleys are. This is a very exciting time in children's literature, because Harry Potter is still being created. Kids like Roald Dahl, too, but because Harry is being created here and now, there is an incredible craze about the series. This simply does not exist with the classics that have been on the shelf for years already.Today's kids are lucky to have this incentive to read!Thank you, J.K. Rowling!!!!!!
on 25 January 2000
I found this book really exciting and imaginative. ...J.K.Rowling must have thought an absolute ton about this story, like where you had to go through a barrier to get to platform nine and three quarters. A lot of times I found myself sitting on the edge of my seat shouting helplessly into the book "Don't do it Harry!" The author used such good strong adjectives, that I felt like I was actually at Hogwarts with Harry, Ron and Hermione all the time. It's left me feeling really jealous though, because I want to be Harry Potter!! I would recommend it to anyone who has enough imagination to let themselves become a part of the book.
on 16 August 2000
best book in the world,i want to thank J.K. for this book.i love them all.i wish i was a wizard like harry potter.they full me with suspense.one of the greatest books ever.i think all kids and adults should read this book.i could talk about it for ever.ive read all of them&listen to all audio books.i read&listen to them all day.and the last one was the best.i truley love harry potter.all the charecters are unique from harry potter right down to dobby.and i just cant wait for the next 3 books to come out.its wonderfull.I also want to say J.K. Rowling shes the best writer in the worldand i could read hear writting anytime anywhere
on 26 January 2000
This book is my favourite book. I read it when I was 9 years old and I was so enchanted by it that I quickly bought the next two books in the series, I am also looking forward to the forth book in the series.
Harry Potter thinks that he is an ordinary boy, but things change when he is invited to go to Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry.This book tells the story of Harry`s first year at Hogwarts where he meets many friends and he finds himself leading an adventurous life. My favourite character is Hermione because in some ways she reminds me of me! When I read this book it makes me feel as if I'm following Harry's life.
on 18 December 1999
For years Harry Potter thought that he was an ordinary boy, who was pushed around by everyone. A scar, lies on his forehead and from time to time, something strange would happen when the scar burns. In the night he would have dreams of a blinding green light. Harry is curious and keeps on asking questions about his parents and about his lightning, shaped scar on his forehead. His Aunt and Uncle don't want to tell him the answers to these questions, because according to them, having a wizard in thier house, is a disgrace. It is only until a strange letter appears on the doormat, that Harry starts to learn about his unusal past!
on 11 February 2016