2,337

on 21 October 1999
This is one fantabulo book. The writing is so sly and grabs you by the horns. The facts about Harry's bedroom are disclosed only as necessary,for example, and when you finally read the salient truth, you are astounded at just how selfish the Dursleys are. This is a very exciting time in children's literature, because Harry Potter is still being created. Kids like Roald Dahl, too, but because Harry is being created here and now, there is an incredible craze about the series. This simply does not exist with the classics that have been on the shelf for years already.Today's kids are lucky to have this incentive to read!Thank you, J.K. Rowling!!!!!!
on 25 January 2000
I found this book really exciting and imaginative. ...J.K.Rowling must have thought an absolute ton about this story, like where you had to go through a barrier to get to platform nine and three quarters. A lot of times I found myself sitting on the edge of my seat shouting helplessly into the book "Don't do it Harry!" The author used such good strong adjectives, that I felt like I was actually at Hogwarts with Harry, Ron and Hermione all the time. It's left me feeling really jealous though, because I want to be Harry Potter!! I would recommend it to anyone who has enough imagination to let themselves become a part of the book.
on 16 August 2000
best book in the world,i want to thank J.K. for this book.i love them all.i wish i was a wizard like harry potter.they full me with suspense.one of the greatest books ever.i think all kids and adults should read this book.i could talk about it for ever.ive read all of them&listen to all audio books.i read&listen to them all day.and the last one was the best.i truley love harry potter.all the charecters are unique from harry potter right down to dobby.and i just cant wait for the next 3 books to come out.its wonderfull.I also want to say J.K. Rowling shes the best writer in the worldand i could read hear writting anytime anywhere
on 26 January 2000
This book is my favourite book. I read it when I was 9 years old and I was so enchanted by it that I quickly bought the next two books in the series, I am also looking forward to the forth book in the series.
Harry Potter thinks that he is an ordinary boy, but things change when he is invited to go to Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry.This book tells the story of Harry`s first year at Hogwarts where he meets many friends and he finds himself leading an adventurous life. My favourite character is Hermione because in some ways she reminds me of me! When I read this book it makes me feel as if I'm following Harry's life.
on 23 July 2015
Thank you! The book is in a great condition. -Ieva
on 18 December 1999
For years Harry Potter thought that he was an ordinary boy, who was pushed around by everyone. A scar, lies on his forehead and from time to time, something strange would happen when the scar burns. In the night he would have dreams of a blinding green light. Harry is curious and keeps on asking questions about his parents and about his lightning, shaped scar on his forehead. His Aunt and Uncle don't want to tell him the answers to these questions, because according to them, having a wizard in thier house, is a disgrace. It is only until a strange letter appears on the doormat, that Harry starts to learn about his unusal past!
on 8 November 2001
Don't just read these "enthused" comments about this book - buy it and read it.
Somehow, J.K.Rowling has brought an entire "other world" to life. The inventiveness, spirit, and humour of her and Harry's world are breathtaking at times.
You'll laugh, you'll get angry and you'll feel sorrow for Harry, Fred, Hermione, Hagrid and the rest of the gang as you plough through the book covering an awful lot of ground (although you won't realise until you finish).
With the movie due to open any day, you only have to read this book to realise just how huge a phenomenon this is going to be.
Wonderful.
on 5 April 2000
I won't tell you much about this book, except that it's the best book (along with its sequels) ever to be written. The story revolves around a boy called Harry Potter, who discovers that he's a wizard. He leaves his horrible Aunt and Uncle, and goes to Hogwarts, the best school for witches and wizards. When this book came out, it was aimed at 9-11 year olds. Now it is a great success, and it is suitable for anyone who can read well. Even a 6 year old would love to have it read to him or her.
If you think this book sounds absolute rubbish, think again. The Harry Potter books are the best in the world, so give them a go!
on 12 November 1999
I have given this book 5 crowns for one reason, It is absolutely excellent, the best book I have ever read.It is about an 11 year old boy called Harry Potter who has no idea that he is a wizard until he receives a letter from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.He goes, makes friends and has many adventures on the way. If you are thinking about buying this book for you or for someone else, I advise you to do one thing, get into bed with some hot chocolate and read it until its time to go to bed again the next day! Yes, you will get that addicted. I strongly recommend you read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
on 28 January 2016
received book and excellent book good for reading