5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. Buy it!
Published on 17 Aug 2002 by Chris Jordan

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough Sachar
Published on 23 Sep 2002 by mum_at_work

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. Buy it!, 17 Aug 2002
Chris Jordan (St. Albans, HERTS United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Boy Who Lost His Face (Paperback)
This is another amusing book by Louis Sachar that you can't put down. I read it in a day because it's a fantastic read and the storyline is great. I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who is starting a Louis Sachar collection, although I preferred There's a Boy In The Girls Bathroom. The Boy Who Lost His Face is about a boy who got dragged into a dare and got cursed, this may sound boring but it has a twist at the end which will leave you fooled and saying 'why didn't I think of that?' Once you have read this review I hope you will buy it and get other books in the Louis Sachar collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cursed!!!, 11 Mar 2006
This review is from: The Boy Who Lost His Face (Paperback)
This is a great book, it is funny and once you start to read it is hard to put the book back down!!! This is another fantastic book from Louis Sachar!!! I am a 12 year old and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I would recommend this book for 10 year olds - 15 year olds. I have now told all my friends to buy this book as it is a great read and describes the life of a child in high school very well!
This book is about a boy who wants to become more popular so he decides to burgle an old lady. After that everything in his life seems to go wrong and he believes he is cursed. But at the end of the book there is a strange, unexpected twist!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not annoyed by the language, 28 July 1998
By A Customer
I have enjoyed all the Sachar books. This one ventures into controvesial language and behavior and nervous parents and teachers will worry that children will use this language inappropriately. I read this book to my seven year old and not only did he love it, but he found the discussion of such controversial subjects very thought provoking. There is a lengthy discussion between friends and parents about giving somebody the finger. What it means, how context influences meaning, who is aware or unaware of its meaning. I don't know where else kids are going to find such thoughtful and provocative discussions. Certainly not from parents and teachers. Thank goodness for Louis and his brave publisher. This book connects to kids in a dramatic and moving way, and best of all shows that reading can be a real key into understanding and thinking. Kudos to Sachar!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great from beginning to end., 8 Oct 2003
This review is from: The Boy Who Lost His Face (Paperback)
I still feel that Louis Sachar's best book is "The Boy Who Lost His Face". It really describes what a 7th grader/8th graders life is like very well. Though many people say that the cuss words are the downside...true, they are in a way. But in other ways it shows how realistic the book is. Many parents think that it will inspire kids to curse, but it won't its helping you or your kids to understand that cursing is not the right way to go. And that being cool doesn't matter. I think that this is for kids 12 and up because it tells aboout some things that younger children aren't ready to hear or know yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Some bad language, but REALLY funny!, 21 Jun 1999
By A Customer
I've always loved Louis Sachar's books, and this one wasn't different. Even though it has some bad language, some kids do talk like that. David has a lifelike problem, and the old lady and the curse add fun to it. I love all the funny things that happen to him, like his pants falling down, or dropping the test tube in science. All the characters are unique and interesting. I would suggest this book to anyone except younger kids. I really liked it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough Sachar, 23 Sep 2002
This review is from: The Boy Who Lost His Face (Paperback)
I've been a devoted reader of Louis Sachar's backlist since I read "Holes". The Boy Who Lost His Face is not Holes and not as good a read as There's a Boy in the Girls Bathroom and Dogs Don't Tell Jokes. There is also language that will prevent me from recommending it to my seven year old who would otherwise enjoy the book. But you can see Louis Sachar developing the lines and twists in the plot that will eventually feature in his best books. Still, it was not put downable and a thoroughly enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Return of Sachar, 3 May 2009
This review is from: The Boy Who Lost His Face (Paperback)
From the genius behind 'Holes' and 'There's a Boy in the Girls' Bathroom', this is another lighthearted read with a subtle but important message. Great ambiguous title too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 9 Jun 1998
By A Customer
David is a likeable boy who is always trying to fit in with the rest of his "cool" friends. Although the language is a little harsh in spots, I approve of it tremendously. It is right on the money for junior high students, and they will eat this book up with passion. I loved every minute of it. It is an accurate portrayal of the struggles junior high students must endure every day of their lives. Great Job!

4.0 out of 5 stars He didn't really lose his Face..., 12 May 1997
By A Customer
Poor David's life starts out as innocent as it can be, he got cursed by an old woman just because he was to hang out with those so-not-cool friends. Then all these horrible things starts happenning to him, these embarrassing moments... The book is packed with laughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars "This is a page-turner!", 10 May 1999
By A Customer
The Boy Who Lost His Face IS SO FUNNY! I promise you that you won't put this book down. It is very unpredictable. As my teacher says, "This book is a page-turner." I give it five stars! Brendan - 5th grade

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb61c9a08)

The Boy Who Lost His Face
The Boy Who Lost His Face by Louis Sachar (Paperback - 2 Jan 2002)
Used & New from: 0.01