1,784 Reviews
 (1,510)

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't remember enjoying any book more
I laughed at my adult son when I found him reading Harry Potter. He said "don't knock it until you've tried it" and gave me the Philosopher's Stone for Christmas. I am now addicted and have bought and read them all.I am an avid reader of all types of literature but these are something else!
Published on 1 July 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars The films are better and too much description!!!
kinda boring. The book has too much information and spoils it. other than that, pretty good. I think the films are better definitely this one!!!
Published 7 months ago by Arly23

‹ Previous | 1160 161 162179 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Ths best book ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever., 5 Nov 1999
By A Customer
Harry Potter is the best book I have ever read. It is full of excitment and adventure, I could not put it down. There is only one word to describe it "fantastic"

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 25 Sep 1999
By A Customer
This is the best fiction book I've ever read,I looked at the cover and said,"this is just an ordanary book."But once I start reading it I can't stop!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book was THRILLING !!, 31 Oct 1999
By A Customer
There is only one word for this genius book, EXCELLENT !! Once you've started reading it you won't be able to stop. I recommend the other two just as much!!

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL!!!, 27 July 1999
By A Customer
This was the best book I have ever read .I would recomend this book to everyone .I wish I went to Hogwarts and was Harry's friend . This book is great !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars It totally rocks!, 23 Aug 2000
By A Customer
This book totally rocks it starts off the buzzing of the book straight away its definatly no ordinary book that anybody reads. Its definatly a big, big WOW!

5.0 out of 5 stars This was the best book I have ever read!, 12 May 2000
By A Customer
This was one of the best books I have ever read. It is very popular among adults as is with children. Definately check out the other two Harry Potter books!

5.0 out of 5 stars The most magical book in the world,better than Roald Dahl!, 13 April 2000
By A Customer
I am unable to discribe the most magnificent quality of this book.J.K.Rowling has beaten Enid Blyton, C.S.Lewis, and Roald Dahl.
Sophie Bridger.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's GREAT !!!, 12 Nov 1999
By A Customer
I really enjoyed reading this book. I like Rowling's style of writing and lots of my friends have read it too. This is the fifth time I have read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The book was really good and very exciting., 15 July 1999
By A Customer
The book was very exciting with lots of good ideas and I thought that the end was especially exciting and a bit frightening.
by Richard, age 8

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read, but don't expect too much., 20 Mar 2001
By A Customer
The Harry Potter books are fun, a good, involving read. However, the background of Rowling's universe isn't completely thought out. If you are used to, say, Roger Zelazny's Princes in Amber or Lois McMaster Bujold (NO, she doesn't write "magic", but she has a beautifully full, coherent universe), you will find Rowland a little lacking. Rowling is a "beach read"--fun, undemanding, but don't expect a fully-realised "world".

‹ Previous | 1160 161 162179 | Next ›

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Special Edition)
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Special Edition) by J.K. Rowling (Hardcover - 27 Sep 1999)