5.0 out of 5 stars A funny, friendly reassuring book - answers without alcohol!
I bought this and one of the conventional 'this is what happens at twenty weeks, as long as you eat broccoli every day' type books at the same time. I read Vicki Iovine's book in an afternoon, including reading about a third of it out to my husband! As first time parents, we both enjoyed the way the book is written, and it quite literally tells you things that you...
Published on 24 July 2000

1.0 out of 5 stars Offensive, patronising tripe
Look, I'm American myself, and there are so many better books about pregnancy that come from the US - why this was brought over to the UK I don't know! I received this as a gift and it is, by far, the least helpful and most annoying pregnancy book I've read so far. The author should be ashamed of her tone in this book - it's not "chummy", "friendly" or "realistic", it's...
Published on 1 Sept. 2012 by E Lockhart

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-read, 28 Dec. 2005
This review is from: The Best Friends' Guide to Pregnancy: Or Everything Your Doctor Won't Tell You (Paperback)
Brilliant book - funny, pulls no punches, informative and readable even in the throes of violent morning sickness.
You MUST read this if you are pregnant

4.0 out of 5 stars Real guide to pregnancy, 6 Jan. 2004
I was brought this by my husband when i got pregnant with my daughter. I found it very helpful, it explains a lot of things that you really need to know, as well as somethings that you really don't.
I found that every time i got worried i would get this book out and find exactly what i need to know.
It's also a great read when you get to the later stages of pregnacy, and you can't sleep.
I thought that this book was so good, i now buy it for everyone of my friends every time one of them gets pregnant.

4.0 out of 5 stars For all my Best Friends, 2 Feb. 2005
By A Customer
I have three children and have read this book at least twice with every pregnancy. I have also given it as a pregnancy gift to everyone I know who are about to have their first child. If you are so naive as to believe things aren't gonna change then avoid it, but for most intelligent mums to be it is a real breath of fresh air, and she is just so funny, a bit too american when it comes to information, but well worth it. Enjoy the book, but most importantly enjoy being pregnant!

The Best Friends' Guide to Pregnancy: Or Everything Your Doctor Won't Tell You