5.0 out of 5 stars Probably one of the best books around on parenting, 14 May 2000
By A Customer
Gottman explains how through the simple process of helping your child identify and express his feelings communication and happiness can be increased in the family, and conflict minimised.
The style is factual, scientifically backed up and not at all patronising. This book is the one I turn to for a reminder whenever I find I don't know how to deal with my child effectively or when we seem to be in a pattern of repeating horrible, unproductive scenes.

5.0 out of 5 stars what really matters in all our lives, 22 Jan. 2009
This book tells you just what is important about being a parent. I love the scientific approach and the way data is presented. It is capable of giving those of us who see the world of parenting as functional and spontaneous a totally new perspective based on care, deep understanding, consideration and thoughtfulness. The importance of good guidance is explained in terms of "coaching". This book was a real eye opener for me and probably the best I have ever read. I am moved to change.

5.0 out of 5 stars Parenting help, 5 Jan. 2013
Great book helped me understand where I was going wrong and how to actually help when my child gets cross or upset.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!, 17 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The Heart of Parenting: How to Raise an Emotionally Intelligent Child (Hardcover)
This book is a must have for any professional working with families and for parents wishing to give the child/ren the best start in life. An easy to read book that has lots of practical advice on dealing with our emotions and the power of love etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars If you have a challenging child this is a.........., 20 Dec. 2013
Useful book , slightly "American" for the English audience but have found the tactics useful with our very fiery 7 year old.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Heart of Parenting, 18 Nov. 2013
This is the book, that every parent must read. You may come to your own conclusions, but book provides so much information to think about. Another value of this book is that all material is bases on solid research only and it is about what title sais.

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential book for raising happy kids, 25 Mar. 2011
I somehow bought this book a long while before I had kids and it's approach to child rearing really appealed to me. Now, I think it is the reason we're having such a great time with our 20 month old. It details a beautiful way to connect with your child and also helps to hugely reduce their frustration levels. This book (together with a few others) should certainly be compulsory for all parents!

5.0 out of 5 stars Parenting Book: A must buy, 3 Mar. 2013
This is a book I would recommend every parent to read - child-rearing is such an important job and easy to underestimate the importance of how we relate to others.The explains why you should talk/listen to your children, how to and the consequences of doing/not doing so. Its a challenge to change your thinking about your own upbringing and how you might parent your own children but please buy this book. You won't regret it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 3 Oct. 2014