5.0 out of 5 stars I would challenge anyone to read this !, 8 Sept. 2006
Ralph Holland (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New Why You Don't Need Meat (Paperback)
Not many books can change a person's way of thinking but this one can! I would challenge anyone to read this and not to be stirred by it. It comes together like a jigsaw, piece by piece, presenting a picture that you knew was there, but had never quite seen it that way before, and the reason's why.

It a compelling book, backed up by research, trade and newspaper articles. If you read this you will find your ideas of what you call food challenged, and even if you don't change what you eat, you will take more care over what you do eat. I never, ever, thought that anything would change me but this book did, it made me think about what I was eating, and I've never looked back. Try it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars From meat eater to veggie in one short book., 25 Oct. 2005
This review is from: The New Why You Don't Need Meat (Paperback)
In about 1982, aged 22, I was a fully-fledged carnivore, never consciously considering the issue of whether or not I should be a meat eater. To me at the time, food was a non-issue; it was "just" food. Ethics just wasn't a part of the equation. I came across this book by accident and read it from cover to cover in one evening. What an epiphany it was! I have now been a happy and healthy vegetarian for about 23 years and it's all because of this book. As Peter Cox's book completely changed my diet literally overnight and for the rest of my life, as well as setting me on the road to giving ethical consideration to food production and other issues, it is no hyperbole to say that for me, it has been the single most influential book that I have ever read.

5.0 out of 5 stars change your diet, 16 Oct. 2012
B. R. Darlow (Ventnor, IOW, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New Why You Don't Need Meat (Paperback)
I agree ,this book,Why you don't need Meat by Peter Cox, changed my diet twenty years ago and I have no regrets.
Animals are sentient beings who need to be treated with respect and care.So much suffering inflicted on animals and illness which could be avoided with wonderful recipes for delicious food without killing.
A no -brainer for religious and atheists alike!