5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent introduction to learning Turkish
If you enjoy learning languages with the aid of tapes, then this is THE ONE for you. The gradual build-up and repeated drill approach is perfect for grasping this 'strange' sounding, un-European language.
You can follow the tapes with or without the book. You get a thorough drill of the key language and new vocab. Then you follow some longer dialogues which set...
Published on 3 Sep 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars Limited use for the tourist/holidaymaker
I made a concerted effort with this course before heading off on my first Turkish holiday. The course, while very useful for pronounciation, hearing how the language worked etc. was of limited use in a number of (to me) very important areas.
Ordering drinks - "A coffee" "A Tea" and "A beer please" were just about all that were included. A lack of typical...
Published on 2 Sep 2005 by Mr. P. G. Briggs

3.0 out of 5 stars A useful introduction to the language, 3 April 2004
Mr. Michael Slater "Mike the chemist" (Lowestoft, Suffolk United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Linguaphone PDQ Turkish (includes 4 CDs) (Audio CD)
I would recommend that you learn a little Turkish if you are going on holiday to Turkey, I did so and it definitely added to my enjoyment of the holiday. Why do we expect everybody to speak English?. I played the first disc only and read the corresponding part of the book. It took me a long time (longer than I expected), and a great deal of practice. However the Turkish people I practised on were delighted (and surprised) with my efforts. Apparently my pronunciation was very good, and that's where the course excels. The course was straightforward to follow but I felt that the book itself was a bit lightweight in that on occasions it didn't give me enough information. Overall, however I think that it was reasonably good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value, 18 April 2012
Mr. Jrenda "Londoncabbie" (London U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Linguaphone PDQ Turkish (includes 4 CDs) (Audio CD)
This has to be one of the best language courses on the market. It is easy to follow and understand with the very well laid out book, and audio cd's

4.0 out of 5 stars pdq turkish, 9 Mar 2009
This review is from: Linguaphone PDQ Turkish (includes 4 CDs) (Audio CD)
This was money well spent,i have picked up words and phrases i did not know before,as i do know alittle turkish before purchasing this set.I have since put the whole programme consisting of four cds onto my mp3 player and listen to it no matter where i maybe.the only little draw back was they occasionally speak alittle too fast on long words but this is not a big problem as you can just rewind and pickup the word again.I would recommend this programme for beginners but dont expect to be fluent in turkish after completing the course, but it will certainly help you get by if on holiday.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good starting point..., 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: Linguaphone PDQ Turkish (includes 4 CDs) (Audio CD)
Overall, I'm really pleased with package and find it a very good starting point. Personally, I find the little music interludes between sections too long, a disruption, and simply annoying when working through the CDs on a regular basis.

5.0 out of 5 stars Turkish course, 27 Feb 2013
This review is from: Linguaphone PDQ Turkish (includes 4 CDs) (Audio CD)
Very easy way to learn Turkish.

The lessons are easy to follow, quite fun and I am really starting to learn and remember Turkish.
Much better than many other, more expensive courses.
I will definitely buy the second more advanced course.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use., 16 Nov 2010
This review is from: Linguaphone PDQ Turkish (includes 4 CDs) (Audio CD)
Great product, really easy to use. Several of my friends borrowd it before holiday too and found it definately helped with holiday conversational, Turkish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Starter, 8 Jan 2011
P. J. Owens "Kopek Publishing" (Ipswich, Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Linguaphone PDQ Turkish (includes 4 CDs) (Audio CD)
I bought this for my wife, who having been on holiday to Turkey a couple of times, wanted to get a grasp of some elementary language. I can already speak basic Turkish, at least enough to get around on holiday, but I thought I'd give it a go as well.

One thing I did like about this course was that you are able to follow it without using the book, so it can be used in the car. Of course, it is better to use the book as well, as that gets you fmiliar with the look of words so you can recognise them written down.

My wife found it invaluable, and she is now confident enough to use basic phrases when we go to Turkey. The format is very easy to pick up, and put down at your own convenience, so allows you to progress at your own pace.

I have to admit that I also found it very useful. I learned my Turkish from being there so often (15 years of holidaying there), so I have picked up a lot of slang and dialect. This course allowed me to learn the 'proper' way of phrasing sentances, and to get a good grasp of sentance construction. This means that as you pick up words, you can slot them into sentences because you understand the grammar.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good introduction, 6 Jan 2003
M. Ives (Claydon, Oxfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Linguaphone PDQ Turkish (includes 4 CDs) (Audio CD)
This system is a very good introduction to the Turkish Language, purely as a holiday snap with many useful phrases and words. Though I won't use it if you were thinking of living there - go on a proper course!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Introduction to Turkish, won me major brownie points with my Girlfriend, 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: Linguaphone PDQ Turkish (includes 4 CDs) (Audio CD)
I am a non Turkish speaker but wanted to learn simple terms and phrases in order to have basic conversations with my girlfriends family and this pack was perfect.

4 CDs are broken into 8 different lessons which cover intros, where you live, certain foods, things around the house, days of the week, months of the year, numbers, descriptions, family, giving and taking directions amongst other things. The CDs work in tandum with the book, which is actually pretty good also.

Once you've been through the book, you do not need to have it present whilst listening to the CD's but it helps. I put the CD on to my iPod and kept them in my car and just go through it on the way to work from time to time to keep fresh. My girlfriend was impressed with how much I had learned and was able to have very basic conversations with her family.

Will be looking for something more comprehensive soon but this is easy and gives you some confidence to get up and running.

The CDs can be a bit cheesey at times but it's actually quite funny in an old school way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
Mr. Brian Bates "BB" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Linguaphone PDQ Turkish (includes 4 CDs) (Audio CD)
wanted to be able to use some simple phrases on holiday, this is just what I needed

Linguaphone PDQ Turkish (includes 4 CDs)
Linguaphone PDQ Turkish (includes 4 CDs) by Cigdem Balim-Hardin (Audio CD - Dec 2001)
Used & New from: 26.39