on 25 November 2003
Randomly saw this book on the internet and boy am I glad I did!!! I was looking for a cookery book with a difference for my mother for her birthday, she's half-scottish so it was a fairly relevant buy. She wasn't sure she would be able to master all the recipes however she found the recipes easy to follow and still managed to produce delicious results. I'm notoriously fussy yet this book was able to cater for all my needs. Now at uni, i look forward to my mums parcels of homemade tablet. I think this is a great book, perfect for all kinds of presents and even if you have no appreciation of Scotland by the end of it, you WILL!!!
on 28 April 2012
As my ancestors were Scots, and recent thinking of those great meals Mother made, during the Depression, 1929 37, and now with Online purchases, I tried "Scots meals," and the page came back with "Scots Cooking," by Sue Lawrence. I paid online and received it by airmai, arriving Friday 27 th April. Looking through, I recognised many of Mothers' meals that we children had years ago, a great mouth-watering experience. As this book was advertised as second hand, with a very reasonable price, I was astounded at the 'As New' condition od this book. Just wait until my elder Sister finds out about this Cook Book, and she takes after our Mother in being also, a great Cook. Thank You, Amazon UK, and Sue Lawrence.

Cheers, Robert Logan. New Zealand
on 28 November 2000
If you like Sunday lunches then this book is for you. Good traditional recipes given new scope and winning combinations, although trying to find a recipe which didn't contain any meat or lard was a bit of a challenge. Nice photography but I do like to see what I'm cooking to give me an idea and the handful of pictures scattered through the book left me in the dark and feeling that I should know what I'm doing already. A Scottish Gary Rhodes.
on 12 February 2015
really pleased excellent recipes and value for money!
on 5 February 2016
pleased with the book and the seller
on 4 March 2016