4.0 out of 5 stars Predictable format but enjoyable nevertheless.
Published on 29 July 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of glamour
A bit of glamour, but I'm sure this type of thing doesn't happen in real life. A good easy going holiday read.
Published 11 months ago by Mr K McGeorge

4.0 out of 5 stars Predictable format but enjoyable nevertheless., 29 July 2001
This review is from: Sheer Mischief (Paperback)
'Sheer Mischief'is a reprint from 1994, due, I imagine, to Jill Mansell's current popularity. I have enjoyed her previous books and found this to be no exception. The plot bears a resemblance to her other books, but I found that I 'got into it' better than some of the others.If you want a good summer holiday read that doesn't trouble the old brain cells too much, go for it! If you're after intellectual fare I wouldn't rush out to buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Keeper!, 4 Sep 2001
This review is from: Sheer Mischief (Paperback)
I understand that this is one of the first novels that Jill Mansell wrote - you can't tell that, it's easily as good as her later works. As usual, she delivers interesting characters - even the "good guys" aren't perfect, and you have to love them for their faults. It's really no mystery how the main characters are going to end up - we can't let Janey stay with that bounder forever, can we? Guy isn't going to find happiness with those bimbos, is he? But what IS surprising is how they get there and what happens to those around them. It's not an entirely predictable book, yet ultimately it is escapism at its best. Settle in and enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - I Loved this!, 10 Mar 2002
This review is from: Sheer Mischief (Paperback)
I have read quite a few of Jill Mansells novels but I have to say this is by far my favourite...Catchy, intriuging, funny...un-putdownable...Janey, Maxine & Guy are some of my favourite characters yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Sheer Mischief (Kindle Edition)
Jill Mansell can always be relied on to produce a page turning tale. I love the various relationships and hectic lives of the young, and somewhat relieved that I have a slightly quieter life. A good story in which to lose yourself and your worries.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but predicatable, 15 Jan 2010
BookBliss (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Sheer Mischief (Paperback)
I have enjoyed all of Jill Mansell's books that I've read and this is no exception. As chick lit goes I find her to be one of the more enjoyable writers. It's obviosuly not going to be a book that taxes you intellectually but then, chick lit generally isn't and that's why we enjoy it, you can settle down and forget about the real world for a while and turn off your brain. It's escapism at it's best.

The only down side to this book (and the reason it's not got 5 stars) is because it's quite predictable, you have a good idea of the various things thst are going to happen and could bet your mortgage on the ending. That said, how many chick lits book are there that don't deliver that predictable ending, it's the knowing there's not going to be a heart-wrenching trauma at the end that encourages us to conitnue reading them.

Jill Mansell books have a wit about them that is hard to beat and this book made long boring train journeys pass in an instant.

5.0 out of 5 stars great relaxed reading. a can't put -It-down book. lovely characters, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Sheer Mischief (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant summer reading. Well, anytime really
Loved the story around the characters. Nicely rounded off plot
More about these people please

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
This review is from: Sheer Mischief (Kindle Edition)
great read very funny in parts and touching too loved it

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2014
Jill at her best

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
Ms. C. Ford (IOW UK) - See all my reviews
very enjoyable

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jun 2014
entertaining light hearted read

Sheer Mischief
Sheer Mischief by Jill Mansell (Paperback - 2 Aug 2001)
Used & New from: 0.01