5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!
Published on 20 Feb 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Colorful history, but lacks true suspense.
This was my first foray into Mr. Doherty's work. He does paint a vivid and colourful setting for the events of the book, but I felt the actual plot lacked suspense, and originality. This book was readable, but more for its facts on ancient Egypt than on its literary content.
Published on 16 July 2001 by steve866

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 20 Feb 2003
This review is from: The Anubis Slayings (Amerotke 3) (Paperback)
Having been slightly traumatised by the saccharin works of Christian Jacqs I had sworn never to pick-up a book on Ancient Egypt unless it was non-fiction as long as I lived, but interminable hours in the school study hall led me to think again. I literally couldn't put this book down it was fantastic, I am itching to lay hands of Doherty's other works and I HIGHLY recommend this book to anyone who is interested in politics, royalty, the ancient world or mystery stories.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic as always, 9 Jun 2002
This review is from: The Anubis Slayings (Amerotke 3) (Paperback)
Paul Doherty always manages to gives us thrillers that keep us turning the pages. This is the third in a series set in ancient Egypt. The protagonist is a judge, the principal judge of Egypt and a favourite of the Pharoah-Queen, Hatshepsut, Doherty has shortened this to Hatusu. There are, as often in his books, several subplots which seem unconnected but Amerotke solves them all and all are brought to justice. I'm getting used to the setting after being acquainted with the medieval mysteries Doherty has been writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent who done it, 13 May 2001
This review is from: The Anubis Slayings (Amerotke 3) (Paperback)
This s the first time I have read a book by this author.Being a great fan of Christain Jacqs I did not expect too much from this particular author,however I was delighted. PD obviously has a great knowledge of Ancient Epypt and he uses this skill to great advantage. I found the novel kept you in suspense throughout and only in the final pages did the author reveal the true author of the crime. An excellent book and I will certainly be reading more from this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, keeps you guessing until the last page., 18 Jun 2001
This review is from: The Anubis Slayings (Amerotke 3) (Paperback)
Gives an interesting view of what life might have been like in Ancient Egypt. Makes you feel as if you're there. When is the next book out!? Excellent!!

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 15 May 2013
This review is from: The Anubis Slayings (Amerotke 3) (Paperback)
who loves Doherty`s Amerotke books need to read this too, better if you have the 3 books which follow each other

5.0 out of 5 stars The Anubis Slayings, 12 April 2013
This review is from: The Anubis Slayings (Amerotke 3) (Paperback)
I have given this book 5 stars - I highly recommend it to Paul Doherty fans fabulous book talented author.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Anubis Slayings, 28 Jun 2008
D. Speight (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Anubis Slayings (Amerotke 3) (Paperback)
Being a fan of Christian Jacq I only bought the Anubis Slayings as the book shop at the air port had little else on offer. These two authors bring ancient Egypt to life in a very different way. The Anubis Slayings I enjoyed and will read more of Doherty's books.

3.0 out of 5 stars Colorful history, but lacks true suspense., 16 July 2001
This review is from: The Anubis Slayings (Amerotke 3) (Paperback)

The Anubis Slayings (Amerotke 3)
The Anubis Slayings (Amerotke 3) by Paul Doherty (Paperback - 5 April 2001)
6.63