5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshingly funny

Published on 24 May 2004 by Atheana

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshingly funny, 15 Jan 2001
This review is from: Misbehaving (Paperback)
There isn't many female fiction writers that can make me laugh out load as Sarah Harvey did. Disappointed with new books by writers such as Marian Keyes, I found Misbehaving a thoroughly refreshing read. You immediatly relate to the main character and I recognised myself in her throughout the book. All my friends have also loved this book. Fast, fun and full of girl power this is a must for any girl with a sense of humour!

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a good read!, 17 May 2007
L. Wallace "Lucy-Lu" (Bristol England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Misbehaving (Paperback)
If you like 'Chick-Flick' type books then this is one for you. I bought this book over a year ago and I have to re-read every few months. Sarah Harvey mixes real situations and a rollercoaster of emotions, with her witty and comedic writing that cant help but make you giggle. By far one of my favourite books ever. I could hardly put the book down I was glued to it. Very Entertaining!.

(My only critism would be the chapters were a bit long for me - trying to read on a night before I went to sleep - I'd be nackered trying to finish one lol)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! What a Surprise., 15 April 2004
This review is from: Misbehaving (Paperback)
As the title says, I can't beleave how much I enjoyed this book, I have reviewed another one by this author and slated it, but this was brillient, far more than the other book, this was well written, the characters were far more likeable, better thought out and better written. Very enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read, 17 Mar 2005
This review is from: Misbehaving (Paperback)
Normally a Martina Cole fan I read this book whilst waiting for her new release. I can't remember the last time i actually laughed so loud just reading a book. I couldn't put it down and finished the book in 2 days. Really impressed with the humour of Sarah Harvey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very true to life, 6 May 2000
This review is from: Misbehaving (Paperback)
This book is absolutely brilliant it is sharp. witty and excellently written. The story is one many girls will be able to relate to and deals with the realities of the trauma that is life. It portrays a small group of friends dealing with life, love, lust and breaking up! Sarah Harvey delivers a magnificent feel good novel and it should be read by every female as they should be able to relate to it if they have been subjected to rejection,humiliation or been cheated on by the object of their offection. I can't praise this book enough i urge everyone to go out and read it females will relate to it and it may help males understand what goes on in a womans head! It will keep you entertained and enthralled to the very end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Hilarious, 14 Aug 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Misbehaving (Hardcover)
What can I say, the chapters are very long and as I aren't that big of a reader I got abit worried at first but once I started, I couldn't put it down, the storyline is interesting and reflects on it seems to be every womans problems with men, but with that extra twist! Emma and Serena are the best mates of Alex Gray, when they try to help her get back on track with her love life after she found her husband in bed with her areobics instructor. To get revenge on men they make up a hit list where they've got to "Love 'em and leave 'em, 'shag 'em and bag em'." Copying their views on men, but Alex thinks differently and has other ideas. Definetly a worthwhile book to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars The wittiest, funniest feel-good read this summer!, 27 May 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Misbehaving (Hardcover)
This book is just perfect for sitting on the beach with, but it's pretty darn good anywhere else too! Sarah Harvey presents Alex as a witty, heart-warming nineties woman in this fantastic novel. It was very easy to get into, and had me laughing from start to finish. what else can I say, read it and pass it on to a friend - believe me they'll appreciate it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 7 Mar 2011
This review is from: Misbehaving (Paperback)
This is the very first of Sarah Harvey's books that I read and I have now read every book that has been published in england as she is now a best selling author in germany. I love this book it is very entertaining and funny, it makes me laugh out loud and I have read it quite a few times. It is a must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars sooo funny!, 1 Jan 2008
Lisa Quinn (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Misbehaving (Paperback)
This was the first book of Sarah Harvey I had read. I thought it was so funny, i was in stiches. My husband kept saying what are you laughing at, so i had to read him parts of the book, especially the part about a glowing condom!!! Great book, if you like rom-com's! This should be turned into a film!

2.0 out of 5 stars A good writer who could do a lot better, 24 May 2004
Atheana (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Misbehaving (Paperback)
It is obvious that Sarah Harvey has a good command of the written word - then the question begs to be asked, why doesn't she use it instead of writing nonsense? OK, so it IS a girly type of book, but heaven help us all if this is really what girls get up to these days. I don't think I read one page, let alone two, where there wasn't someone getting drunk or with a bottle or full glass in her hand. Why??????? This combined with the actual storyline - a competition to see who could bed the most men - makes the book shallow and silly. I would suggest that Sarah Harvey use her light hearted gift of the gab to write something based a bit more on reality and less on the bimbette life style.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Misbehaving
Misbehaving by Sarah Harvey (Paperback - 4 Feb 1999)
Used & New from: 0.01