4.0 out of 5 stars Title says it all!
Published on 10 Sep 2004 by ~*~Michelle~*~

3.0 out of 5 stars Less than divine...
I was disappointed with this book. From the reviews, I expected a humorous, frolicking story. Instead, the book is predictable and, at best, mildly amusing. The character names are beyond belief. This is an OK book for times when you're stuck on a train or airplane. The Bridget Jones books are much better written and funnier.
Published on 17 Feb 2000

4.0 out of 5 stars Title says it all!, 10 Sep 2004
This review is from: Simply Divine (Paperback)
A delightful chic flic! I'm not much a a reader because I don't get the time but this book was rarely closed! Filled with light wit and humour and some fantastic characters. The way Holden portrays the character Champagne is brilliant - I think everyone knows someone just like her! The ending has a real twist that I was never expecting. Holden certainly kept me smiling with this divine book! Definatly my fave story yet from Wendy!

3.0 out of 5 stars Less than divine..., 17 Feb 2000
This review is from: Simply Divine (Paperback)

2.0 out of 5 stars a dissapointing, predictable book with pedestrian characters, 27 Aug 1999
This review is from: Simply Divine (Paperback)
I bought this book with high hopes of an amusing read but found the characters were totally unbelievable and predictable. I still have 100 or so pages to go and have no incentive to continue

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a classic but hilarious!, 5 May 2004
This review is from: Simply Divine (Paperback)
This book's purpose is to entertain not to become a classic. But I really love and have read it so many times. It doesn't require you to think or analyse the plot, just read it. I couldn't say if Champagne is an ignorant, witty or simply idiot. But everytime she opened her mouth, it was hilarious. However, I think foreigners who are not familiar with British culture or gossip will have difficulty to follow the plot and get the jokes such as who is Tara Palmer Tompkinson? Read it and form your own opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply wounderful, 15 Mar 2004
This review is from: Simply Divine (Paperback)
I absolutly loved this book, not bad to say I only read it coz I got it free with a mag! Since this book I have read every single one of Wendy Holden's, but without a doubt this is the best!
Brilliant story, with lots of highs and lows, you can really feel for the girl, and genuinly do pray to god that she gets her guy, and that bloody awfull Champain get her come upence!
I would definatly recommend this book to everybody out there, it's a great summertime read, easy, relaxing, and great for the beach!

2.0 out of 5 stars Way too much corn!, 27 July 2000
This review is from: Simply Divine (Paperback)
So many puns, so much corn, kind of predictable, but an easy summer holiday read. If you're lying around the pool and do not want anything that taxes your mind too much, this book is for you. Still, a little bit more depth and some realistic emotion would have done a lot for this book., without detracting from its comic potential.

4.0 out of 5 stars I read this book for a little light relief and laughed a lot, 17 Oct 2000
This review is from: Simply Divine (Paperback)
Ok, so having read some of the other reviews on this page, it is not the most original book in it's puns, but who cares? Read it in the spirit in which it's meant - light relief and you'll probably enjoy it. I finished reading the book last night after choosing it for a little light relief and fun after reading the psychology books I've read of late and it was great. I even read bits aloud to my father and he laughed too. I will certainly be reading more of Wendy Holden's novels as I like her style of writing and her humour tickles me most of the time. Some of the stereotypes were a little obvious and some bits of the plot could have been deepened and developed, but I am not expecting it to be a great classic (and I am sure that some of the classics could be improved on in some ways too!)Well done Wendy, keep on writing and I'll keep on reading!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best read..., 9 July 2014
This review is from: Simply Divine (Kindle Edition)
The book promised to be witty and engaging. It was an okay read, but it left me wanting more. I could not really engage with the characters and did not find them that interesting. It was all a little too 'unreal' with too many coincidences. Lacking in substance.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun read, 29 Sep 2013
This review is from: Simply Divine (Kindle Edition)
A quick and easy read that is much fun. A good girly book. A story that was straightforward but kept you interested. Great characters throughout.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 28 Sep 2013
n00dlz (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simply Divine (Kindle Edition)
Superbly funny parody of the lives of the rich and famous spewed through the glossy rags. Hugely enjoyable with plenty of laugh out loud moments.

Simply Divine
Simply Divine by Wendy Holden (Paperback - 8 July 1999)
Used & New from: 0.01