5.0 out of 5 stars It really does make you laugh out loud!
Having read the reviews of this book before I read it, I was delighted to discover that it really did make me laugh out loud, the incident of Harry and the babysitter's new coat was the first of many hilarious situations. Although the storyline is somewhat predictable, the outrageously funny way in which it is told makes up for it. You must read this book if you want a...
Published on 28 Jan 2007 by M. Lugg

2.0 out of 5 stars totally predictable and boring in parts
I feel like I have to review this book because I don't feel that it deserves 5*'s.

i did find the book funny in parts and I did laugh out only once. I don't think that is any where near as funny as the Shopaholic books or Can you keep a secret.

I found my self skipping whole parargraphs because a lot of what is written is rosies's thoughts half of...
Published on 22 May 2006 by Ms. S. R. Morgan

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldnt put it down, 9 July 2000
This review is from: Rosie Meadows regrets... (Paperback)
Ive read The Real Thing and thought it was OK but not spectacular, so was hesitant when I got this as a gift. How wrong I was - it is funny and engaging - especially liked the 'chicken fing' and the adorable Ivo. Couldnt put it down the first time, then read it again with my best mate - top read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read for the beach and on cold winter nights!, 30 May 2000
This review is from: Rosie Meadows regrets... (Paperback)
This novel has such an amazing twist which is almost like a black comedy. Rosie is a very heartwarming character who I really felt for throughout the humour and the ordeals. I laughed out loud, I cringed for her, and my heart skipped a beat. Her romances and the arrest kept me up half the night. This was my first Catherine Alliott novel, and I wasn't sure whether I would like it but I've become an instant fan. A great read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Humerous, 23 Oct 1999
This review is from: Rosie Meadows regrets... (Paperback)
Rosie meadows passed onto me by my mother.. While chuckling away to myself a frequent voice would be heard saying 'which bit are you at?'Now working my way through all of Catherine Alliots!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny, cleverly written escapism - Bridget Jones gets a life, 4 Oct 1999
This review is from: Rosie Meadows regrets... (Paperback)
Started this book thinking it was typical beach reading - and it is, but with a twist. Now hooked on Catherine Alliott for light entertainment! (And I've seen others reading this and laughing out loud on the packed 07.30 to Blackfriars - unheard-of!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Top Read, 20 Aug 1999
This review is from: Rosie Meadows regrets... (Paperback)
Bought this one on recommendation from fellow Amazon reviewers for my holiday.
Brilliant! Enough twists and surprises to make my husband think I'd rather spend the holiday reading than interacting with him.
The only downside was that I'd also bought and just read Alliotts 'Old Girl Network' <which wasn't so good at all> and was shocked to find 3 or 4 major tie up of plot similarities!! Strange that - different characters do *exactly* the same thing.
Anyway, one I would recommend.
Coffeebean

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book that you'll find hard to put down!, 2 Aug 1999
This review is from: Rosie Meadows regrets... (Paperback)
I was on vacation in London and looking for something to read on the plane home when I saw this book. It looked interesting. Boy was I wrong....it was mesmerizing! I've never laughed so hard while reading a book in a long time. The characters are so down to earth and realistic. The way Rosie thinks and her actions, well, it's something that I would have thought. Something about British humor that seems much more interesting, funnier, earthlier (if that's a word) than American humor. All I have to say is this, TRY IT! YOU'LL ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Superb read - you must buy this!, 29 July 1999
This review is from: Rosie Meadows regrets... (Paperback)
Rosie Meadows Regrets is a fantastic book. Her story is one that we can all relate to and it is sad, happy, funny and inspirational! It wisks you away into her life and is very addictive - you will find yourself daydreaming about it! The story isn't predictable, and some very unexpected things happen! If you want to escape for a while into some very entertaining fiction, then this is the book for you....... :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Alliott's best yet, 29 Jun 1999
This review is from: Rosie Meadows regrets... (Paperback)
Move over Jilly Cooper - your time is up! Hilarious good fun - I' didn't know whether to laugh or cringe at the antics of some of these very realistic characters - recommended to anyone who wants a light frivolous read.

4.0 out of 5 stars The best one yet!!, 22 Jun 1999
This review is from: Rosie Meadows regrets... (Paperback)
I didn't think Catherine Alliott could top "The Old Girl Network" but Rosie does. How many books can have you laughing out loud on the morning train? Witty, wistful, weaving - and completely absorbing. Almost impossible to put down. Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars unputdownable!, 22 Jun 1999
This review is from: Rosie Meadows regrets... (Paperback)
Brilliant! Any spare moment I had I was reading this book. Many twists and turns which kept you wanting more. The only bad thing about this book is the moment you finish reading it you feel as if you have lost a friend.

Rosie Meadows regrets...
Rosie Meadows regrets... by Catherine Alliott (Paperback - 6 May 1999)
Used & New from: 0.01