on 22 September 2000
This book is one of the best books I have ever read, what a woman who can write with such detail and realis, she has to be commended. Apart from this book being so true about lots of womens tiresome lives, the humour was uplifting, and all I can say please Catherine write lots more books.My husband quoted when I was reading the Real Thing,"it is so nice to hear you laugh out loud", Thanks Catherine for cheering me up and making me realise that life is pretty wonderful.
on 10 July 1999
I have never read anything by Catherine Alliott before, but I certainly will now, what a super book, made me giggle on the oh so quiet commuter trains, and I can NEVER remember that happening before, tho I read all the time, some superb one liners and a damn good believable story, so many of us could identify with Rosie. Triumph over adversity, and not too heavy after a hectic day in the city!
on 30 July 2000
This was the fourth Catherine Alliott book that I have read, I thought Rosie Meadows regrets had too many similarities to the Old Girl Network and I could forsee what the ending was going to be so was a little disappointed. Nevertheless, I still found it difficult to put the book down
on 13 January 2006
This book tickled my funnybone. It's the book I buy, along with a bottle of champagne, for all my close friends' birthdays. It is the best of the Catherine Alliott's - an absolute joy.
on 5 October 2009
Absolutely loved the book - can't fault it for a penny!! I'll want the next one by the author soon.
VINE VOICEon 30 June 2004
I read this book by the pool! i can assure you i got some really funny looks as i sat there doubled over with laughter at this absolutely hilarious gripping read!
Rosie Meadows is unhappy with her life and how it is turning out, she is a split decision maker and seems to do everything on the spur of the moment!
Yes this book is a little predictable toward the end but the hilarity throughout makes the predictability all the more tantalising! As another reviewer has pointed out - i also dare anyone not to be doubled over witht the rabbit episode!
A really excellent hilarious book great for all needing a pick me up!
on 30 April 2006
Aside from "Watermelon" by Marian Keyes I have not as yet come across a book so funny as "Rosie Meadow Regrets", she is just as wackey as Bridget Jones but yet so completely different, thinking of trying to kill her husband and then he accidentially poisons himself.

Getting caught by all the house guests whilst she wanders around the house with her lingerie around her ankles in search of loo paper,.

I wont spoil it any more for you all I can say is along with Watermelon, read it.
on 22 May 2006
I feel like I have to review this book because I don't feel that it deserves 5*'s.

i did find the book funny in parts and I did laugh out only once. I don't think that is any where near as funny as the Shopaholic books or Can you keep a secret.

I found my self skipping whole parargraphs because a lot of what is written is rosies's thoughts half of the book is spent in her head.

You will know the outcome as soon as you meet the guy she is going to be with. I found it all too obvious like a cheesy made for tv film with the crossed wires, jealous exes, meddling parents and running to catch the man of your dreams before its too late!!

Read it if you have nothing better to read other wise pick up a sophie kinsella, I would not buy this book, I found it a disappointment after the reviews i read.
on 12 September 1999
As I walked into my local bookshop, deperate for something light and enjoyable to read, the cover of this book really caught my eye. The interest value shot up from the very first chapter. Rosie is an extremely lovable down to earth character with a sense of humour that will have you chuckling uncontrollably. Alliot's portrayal of life in the countryside was so vivid and beautiful that I nearly packed my bags, ready to go off to buy a cottage outside London. Despite all of the pain that Rosie had to endure, the ending sure had me smiling through my tears. I wish it were longer, though. I suppose I'll have to settle for reading it from the very beginning again -- 5 times is still not enough.
Catherine Alliot is undoubtedly one very talented author. I can't wait for a new novel!
on 22 July 2014