5.0 out of 5 stars It really does make you laugh out loud!
Published on 28 Jan. 2007 by M. Lugg

2.0 out of 5 stars totally predictable and boring in parts
I feel like I have to review this book because I don't feel that it deserves 5*'s.

i did find the book funny in parts and I did laugh out only once. I don't think that is any where near as funny as the Shopaholic books or Can you keep a secret.

I found my self skipping whole parargraphs because a lot of what is written is rosies's thoughts half of...
Published on 22 May 2006 by Ms. S. R. Morgan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It really does make you laugh out loud!, 28 Jan. 2007
M. Lugg "bookworm" (Helston, Cornwall United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rosie Meadows regrets... (Paperback)
Having read the reviews of this book before I read it, I was delighted to discover that it really did make me laugh out loud, the incident of Harry and the babysitter's new coat was the first of many hilarious situations. Although the storyline is somewhat predictable, the outrageously funny way in which it is told makes up for it. You must read this book if you want a really really good laugh. I will definitely be reading more books by Catherine Alliott.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect blend of reality and romance!, 31 Mar. 2001
This review is from: Rosie Meadows regrets... (Paperback)
'Bridget Jones' got me, a Yank, hooked on light contemporary British fiction. My desperate search led me to Marian Keyes and from there I found Catherine Alliott. I started with "Old Girl Network," which was okay, and "Going Too Far," which almost did, in terms of stretching credulity! But then I read "Rosie Meadows Regrets"...twice.
When I find an author I like, which is difficult, I tend to read their books in chronological order. Often their first book is their best, as they've been polishing it for ten years. But this is a rare treat: watching a writer's product ripen into something juicy, with a blend of flavors.
"Rosie Meadows Regrets" is a terrific book! Yes, the ending is a bit predictable, but so are the endings of most "romantic" movies. That doesn't take away from the pleasure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest Ever, 21 Jun. 2006
Ms. Sharon J. Blake (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rosie Meadows regrets... (Paperback)
I borrowed this book from a friend and and thought it wasn't really my thing HOW WRONG was I. This was the most funniest book I have ever read and had me laughing out loud constantly. I have since read 3 other books by this author and they are all great, but this is by far the best. BUY IT NOW!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic well worth the read, couldn't put it down., 17 July 1999
This review is from: Rosie Meadows regrets... (Paperback)
Wow, I don't think I have ever read a book like Rosie Meadows regrets before. They say don't judge a book by the cover, I was walking through my local book shop and that's just what attracted me to it, the vibrant cover........ so i read the back, and was completely hooked, had to have it. I found myself laughing out loud, thinking how much like me she is, I guess she's like a lot of women we all just don't realise there are more of us out there. Anyway I tried to get hold of another book by Catherine Alliot, and what do you know, couldn't get one, her books aren't readily available in Australia, I tell ya though, I don't think it will be long before her name catches on here. Thanks for a great read. Jen Keen

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly entertaining and enjoyable read, 14 April 2012
This review is from: Rosie Meadows regrets... (Paperback)
I agree with what other reviewers have said, this is a very comical,laugh-out-loud novel. It's a light hearted story as usual and a great holiday read. I really enjoyed the way Alliot described the characters particularly Harry, she really has a talented for bringing characters to life. The plot is ridiculously far fetched at times but still you read on thanks to Alliot's entertaining and comical style of writing. I highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 15 Aug. 2011
Ms. K. Ellinor "Kirkyloon" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rosie Meadows regrets... (Paperback)
I've only recently discovered Catherine Alliott's work and I have to sya, she's quickly becoming one of my favourite authors - she has such a easy, witty manner writing manner. I could sit here for the netx teminutes and write a summary of the many reason of the book but I won't as it would be unfair - all Iw ill say is, buy this book, read it and love it - I was completely gripped and read it all in about a day!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 5 Nov. 2006
This review is from: Rosie Meadows regrets... (Paperback)
I loved this book so much. I adored Rosie and her mental family, especially her mum. I didn't want the book to end and I would love a sequal as I'd like to know how the characters move on. If you like Bridget Jones, as I do, read this book as Rosie is just as clumsy and just as funny. Superb!

5.0 out of 5 stars She never fails!, 8 Sept. 2000
This review is from: Rosie Meadows regrets... (Paperback)
I've followed Catherine Alliott from the word go and yet again,she hasn't disappointed, with another superb book from the pen (or keyboard) of Catherine Alliott. She's the only author I've ever read who can make me laugh out loud! She always makes me feel as though I'm in the moment along with the star character and as usual I was unable to put this book down until I'd read every page. Rosie seems to be stumbling from one problem to another, but this doesn't stop her from finding the time to fall in love. Along the way she gets herself into all sorts of predicaments. I challenge you to finish the book without ending up loathing Harry & Alex, despairing of her mother and sister, adoring her dad & Ivo, and laughing out loud in general. Another truly superb read and I can't wait until the next one!

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars!, 30 May 2002
This review is from: Rosie Meadows regrets... (Paperback)
Ooh, what a fun book. Even though it's a big book (by modern chick lit standards) I just flew through it, I couldn't put the darn thing down. You can pick up the general story from other reviewers - Rosie realizes she's made a horrible mistake with her marriage and decides to do something about it. What you don't know (and I won't spoil it for you) is just how quickly Fate steps in to "do something about it" and how she works it out. Ultimately, Rosie does come out just fine (you knew she would, of course!) but along the way, you're treated to some of the funniest writing around. (The scene where Rosie and her horrible husband Harry are driving down to her parents is a prime example - just classic!) But Alliott also has a talent that very few other light fiction authors have - an ability to realistically insert the sinister, a sense of danger. Many other authors try to interject a subplot for suspense, but these mainly come off as unnatural, stilted - or just not scary. Not true here - oh sure, you know that Rosie won't end up spending her life in prison, but there are some really interesting twists and turns, and they're not contrived. The secondary characters are brilliant - I agree with another reviewer, I think it's Rosie's perception of her sister Philly that changes, not Philly. I found the character of her friend Alice especially compelling - I'm not sure I'd act the same way that she did, but I could truly feel her anguish. And Joss! Well, a picture perfect hero if there ever was one. Throughout, Alliott uses wit and wonderful dialog to move the story along. I'd read Old Girls' Network, and liked it well enough - Rosie is just wonderful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud funny !, 6 July 2000
This review is from: Rosie Meadows regrets... (Paperback)
Rosie Meadows was also my first Catherine Alliott novel and I was immediately hooked. I have since read all of Alliott's other books - not an easy task finding them in Australia - but after some serious hunting and special ordering I managed to track them all down.
This is the first book where I have ever laughed out loud in public when reading and I found that Alliott's other books had the same effect, especially 'Going too Far' which was definitely my favourite.
You have to read this - it's great fun!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Rosie Meadows regrets...
Rosie Meadows regrets... by Catherine Alliott (Paperback - 6 May 1999)
Used & New from: £0.01