Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 7 June 2001
A bit more exciting than the other books in Ms Willett's collection, the Dipper has you wondering exactly what is going on. Ms Willett only gives you little snapshots of what is happening in the lives of some of her characters, compelling you to keep turning the pages to find out more. When the penny finally drops you wonder how you never spotted it - very cleverly done.
on 30 August 2001
I found every individual captivating, infuriating, yet I learned to love and understand all their emotions,so understanding why each reacted as they did. As usual Marcia Willet makes you love and empathise with each on their own terms. This book is an absolute must for your bookshelf.As I live in Devon I can travel the lanes through this tale.
on 9 October 2012
I adore all books by Marcia Willett (she also writes as Willa Marsh ). I have slowly collected everything she has ever written and I would thoroughly recommend them to anyone who likes a good read. The characters come to life (and a few are actually real people) and the plots are very carefully worked out and totally believable. Finding the same people again in another book, as background characters makes it feel as if you are reading about people you actually know, old friends... Very clever!
Although, as in real life, there are sad, bad and downright awful patches, the books have a real feel good factor and are a true pleasure to read. Can't recommend them highly enough.
on 2 June 2012
This author maintains her reputation for a good story. This book is a very pleasant read before sleep. She certainly knows Cornwall and Devon and I always enjoy reading about places I know.
on 21 July 2012
This is a real Marcia Willett story,I love reading her books,and have many books of her
in my book case.
I hope she will come out with a new book soon.
on 13 June 2016
Love the style of writing and characters felt real. Quite nostalgic look at the West Country and good observations of the wild life. Very enjoyable read
on 19 February 2013
I can't seem to get enough of this writer, love the way she writes, the detail she goes into and there are always happy and sad parts but lovely book.
on 21 July 2013
I loved this book, it was a very relaxing read following some serious non fiction.
Ok like Marcia Willett and will read some more of her novels.
on 14 February 2013
THE DIPPER as usual meets all expectations. Marcia Willett never fails - her novels are always unputdownable! I look forward to the next one.
on 22 August 2014
Really good read, I read this quite a few years ago and enjoyed it ,then forgot all about it ,but when I saw it on Kindle it was a must!!!