5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, I was unable to put the book down

Published on 17 Feb. 2012 by Margaret from Macclesfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, I was unable to put the book down, 31 May 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Liverpool Lamplight (Paperback)
This story follows the life of a working class family in world war 2. It follows their ups and downs, sad to say their are more downs and it follows their births and deaths, their loves and hates. It makes you realise the full extent of what growing up in those times meant. We so often listen to stories from our grandparents about those olden times but I didn't really understand and appreciate it until I had read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, riveting, passionate and thought provoking, 15 Nov. 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Liverpool Lamplight (Paperback)
The story is set in war torn Liverpool, and is the story of one families struggle both against the enemy and each other. Lyn Andrews guides you through the lives of the Deegan family and their close friends, enabling you to feel their joy and sadness. Any reader will find this book impossible to put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars S Pugh Cardiff, 9 May 2008
Susan Pugh "Sue Pugh" (Cardiff South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Liverpool Lamplight (Paperback)
I have only just started reading Lyn Andrews books and this is the third one I have read, just brilliant, I could not put the book down and I am now collecting all her books and can't wait to read the rest of them. Would recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good story.

3.0 out of 5 stars Liverpool Lamplight, 17 Feb. 2012
Having read the majority of Lyn Andrews' books which I usually thoroughly enjoy, this must be the gloomiest book she has ever written. I know it is set during World War 2 but this has more deaths in one family and to my mind, is unrealistic. I always think of Lyn Andrews' work being like Catherine Cookson - doom and gloom then happiness. I must admit I had to read it to the end but as each chapter unfolded, I thought to myself "it must get better in the next chapter" but no, another death comes along. Overall, not one of her best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 29 Dec. 2013
I really enjoyed this book, Lynn Andrews is a great author and I had difficulty in putting this one down. I would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Liverpool Lamplight, 6 Mar. 2013
Liverpool Lamplight love this author would recomend this one to a freind ..great fast delivery through wispernet . nice price as well

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant read, 9 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Liverpool Lamplight (Hardcover)
Fantastic gripping story couldn't put it down well worth a read and fast delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars almost at the end and I have enjoyed it immensely, 22 Mar. 2015
Still reading this book, almost at the end and I have enjoyed it immensely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Lyn Andrews, 26 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Liverpool Lamplight (Paperback)
Can't wait to read this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Mar. 2015
Another book for mum

Liverpool Lamplight
Liverpool Lamplight by Lyn Andrews (Paperback - 6 Feb. 1997)