4.0 out of 5 stars I loved this!!!, 19 Dec. 2007
This review is from: Candle for a Corpse (A Mitchell & Markby Cotswold Whodunnit) (Paperback)
This was great fun and I really recommend. Great characterisation and I liked the fact that it was a lot ' gentler ' than the crime novels that I have read lately. You could almost transport this novel to the 50's, in fact.

Read this - you won't regret it!

4.0 out of 5 stars She has done it again, 17 Feb. 2001
By A Customer
To spoil my reading of this book, the good god decided to grace me with the flu, so i could not read it for long speights of time without getting a headache. If i could, i would undoubtedly have done so. THe plot, even though centreing on a mystery that has deep roots serveral years ago, is still tense and exciting, with many new interesting tiwts and turns, as we have come to expect from her. There does seem to me though, to be a considerable lack of suspects that arenot 'obvious' and for us to therefore guess at 'whodunnit' as i usually find with Ann, that i can have a good bash at guessing, and often be half right. Not so this time. Nevertheless, a brilliant writer, and a brilliant book. Occe again. Bring on the next one please.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good story, 1 Jun. 2014
Almost finished the last in the series of Michell & Markby whodunnits
Have enjoyed all 21 of the books immensely

5.0 out of 5 stars I love ann granger books, 10 May 2014
I love ann granger books I read them all over again and again this one is the same top class as the others there is a good story in them all I wish that there were more on the audible book store I have all that they have but I wish some more would appear on there soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Candle For A Corpse, 5 April 2014
up to the authors usual standard. i love all her books and feel i know her heroine personally. this may be because i live in a similar environment.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real good author, 10 Oct. 2013
Mr. Bf Surridge "computer worm" (Northamptonshire GB) - See all my reviews
The only thing is why those two take such a long time to get married when it was obvious from the start how they really loved each other. I did begin to feel like calling out for God's sake get on with it. I have read other books where you feel just the same about similar couples who need a push as well. This hanging about spoils for me good stories.

4.0 out of 5 stars candle for a corpse, 12 Oct. 2008
C. White "YT" (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I've read a lot of Ann Granger's books recently. This was a little slow to start off with but built nicely in pace.
Their was some nicely developed characters and all loose ends were neatly tied up. I do wish the relationship between Markby & Mitchell would move on a bit, it does seem to get in the way of some nice plots.

Candle for a Corpse (A Mitchell & Markby Cotswold Whodunnit)
Candle for a Corpse (A Mitchell & Markby Cotswold Whodunnit) by Ann Granger (Paperback - 11 Jan. 1996)